Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

No one really knows me

june483

• Members
14 hours ago, june483 said:

Its been 15 months.  Took me 9 months to accept that it was really true, and that he is really gone.  Now I look around and realize that he is the only. person in my life that really understood me.  We did everything together and life was so much fun.  Now I am just flapping in the wind and realizing that other people are so annoying and superficial and if I hang around them too long they drive me crazy.  All the single people are depressed.  I have no one to vent to about life's little stresses.  I hate this new life and I just feel like a round peg trying to fit into a square hole, like I don't belong, and why do I even exist, I have no purpose. I miss him so much and am sick of carrying around and trying to always suppress this pain in my gut.  Thanks for letting me vent.

i think you are  brave admitting that at 15 months, i.m just admitting that now after three years.  People around you go back to living their lives which they should and you feel like your world of comfort and what you held reliable to lift you up is gone and the one personal who can change you out of the mood because he knows you the best is gone and they change can be unbearable.   Seek medical help and talk to someone who can go through these steps with you professionally then hopefully you gut eases and you can add small changes into your life.

• Like 4

• Members
On 5/23/2021 at 10:20 AM, june483 said:

Its been 15 months.  Took me 9 months to accept that it was really true, and that he is really gone.  Now I look around and realize that he is the only. person in my life that really understood me.  We did everything together and life was so much fun.  Now I am just flapping in the wind and realizing that other people are so annoying and superficial and if I hang around them too long they drive me crazy.  All the single people are depressed.  I have no one to vent to about life's little stresses.  I hate this new life and I just feel like a round peg trying to fit into a square hole, like I don't belong, and why do I even exist, I have no purpose. I miss him so much and am sick of carrying around and trying to always suppress this pain in my gut.  Thanks for letting me vent.

I am thinking about this a lot lately. It was nine months last week that I lost my love. I still can't believe it is true. It feels so wrong. So nonsensical. 

My sister was supposed to be coming to stay a while but the travel restrictions haven't  been lifted. This will be the fourth time we have cancelled. I was going to go back and live with her. Now I have to wait again and I find myself wondering what use I am to her. My life consists of watching tv to keep me from thinking. I would drive her crazy. I dont want to hurt her  but I feel like I should just vanish.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Members

I think we are different people now than we were before.  I feel like we are just getting to know ourselves and other people all over again.  That is why everyone says not to make any major decisions the first year.  I also use TV and loud music to prevent my mind from wandering.  Keeping busy and getting through the day is key. Try staying with her on a trial basis maybe before you make things permanent.  Things are finally sinking in these past couple of months for me. It is still not pretty but it is my new reality and I'm am still trying to adjust.  We will get through this, after all, it is almost half the population's destiny.  

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
On 5/23/2021 at 1:20 PM, june483 said:

I have no one to vent to about life's little stresses.

Thanks for letting me vent.

;)   For whatever it's worth, we are here. You are welcome to do so any time. We "get it." Allow yourself time. You need it. And are more than entitled. 

• Like 4

• Members

I've been having this same feeling exactly.  My husband was the only person who "got" me. The only person who could explain other people's actions to me, the only person who made me feel normal.  Lately I've been experiencing "social anxiety". I feel wierd around people, even friends and family whom I've known forever. It's making an already tough adjustment process even tougher. I'm finding it helps to just tell people up front: "I'm not myself right now". Most people seem to understand.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members
3 hours ago, TimeOut said:

I've been having this same feeling exactly.  My husband was the only person who "got" me. The only person who could explain other people's actions to me, the only person who made me feel normal.  Lately I've been experiencing "social anxiety". I feel wierd around people, even friends and family whom I've known forever. It's making an already tough adjustment process even tougher. I'm finding it helps to just tell people up front: "I'm not myself right now". Most people seem to understand.

So

3 hours ago, TimeOut said:

So true, any ideas as to why we get "social anxiety", I think part of mine was people looking at me differently and that changing.  Id like to hear what other peoples thoughts are?

• Like 1

• Moderators
20 hours ago, june483 said:

I think we are different people now than we were before.

For sure.

• Like 1

• Members
4 hours ago, Mars40 said:

So true, any ideas as to why we get "social anxiety", I think part of mine was people looking at me differently and that changing.  Id like to hear what other peoples thoughts are?

Our whole world has changed - some things I thought were important seem so trivial -  I loved being home and having nothing to do all day -now I hate it - I used to be easygoing and relaxed and now I am all serious - - I get socially anxious because people are going to talk about things that I am just not interested in and I do not have it in me to laugh politely and pretend to be engaged, it is all so draining. Plus, truth be told, my husband was the outgoing fun guy so when I got bored in a gathering I could go hang out with him for a bit of respite.  Maybe deep down I just don't really like being around people, this scares me the most I guess, I have no buffer.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members
13 hours ago, june483 said:

Our whole world has changed - some things I thought were important seem so trivial -  I loved being home and having nothing to do all day -now I hate it - I used to be easygoing and relaxed and now I am all serious - - I get socially anxious because people are going to talk about things that I am just not interested in and I do not have it in me to laugh politely and pretend to be engaged, it is all so draining. Plus, truth be told, my husband was the outgoing fun guy so when I got bored in a gathering I could go hang out with him for a bit of respite.  Maybe deep down I just don't really like being around people, this scares me the most I guess, I have no buffer.

So true.

14 hours ago, june483 said:

I agree, very hard to engage. thanks for sharing

• Like 2

• Moderators

Also, we used to be part of a couple in a couples world, now we're not and sometimes feel like odd man out.  Plus gone are the invitations...

• Like 2

• Members
4 hours ago, South Carolina said:

So overwhelmed with her absence I have absolutely no joy in my life. My life is meaningless. Only thoughts of her remain.

South Carolina, you took the words right out of my mouth. I keep saying these things you said out loud over and over. For me I break down more often like a little child. I still can't accept losing my wife.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3