In our beautiful Gallery

Grief Support Marketplace

Check Our New Products In The Marketplace

Take Grieving.com on the Go!

Buy on Apple and Google Play
New Members - Check Your Spam/Junk Folder for Confirmation Email ×

Grief & Emotional Issues from Finanical Loss

• Administrators

The year of 2020 has been a YEAR.  In the USA, we have an employment rate of 33% to 40% over the pandemic. Many people have been hired back but some people have not. They have lost everything. Throw in a death on top of it and our grief is compounded exponentially. This forum is discuss this silent grief journey. Find support here and a place to tell us your story without judgement.

• Members
Anon grief

I recently learned that we are facing the loss of all the financial gains that we have made over the past forty years.  A combination of dishonest real estate developers and economic downturns(the latest being Covid 19) have brought us to this point.  I am emotionally broken to the point of wishing that I could cease to exist.  I know that it would be much worse to lose a loved one which adds a feeling of shame and guilt to the grief that I am feeling.  I have lost my financial security, my dreams for the future, my sense of trust and my hope.  Hope is an essential component of life.  The world as we know it has changed.  Our physical and emotional safety has been threatened.  I know that I am not alone but I feel very alone as this type of grief is stigmatized and hidden.  The world has experienced economic downturns in the past and I would like to find stories of hope from people who have navigated that journey.  All stories from grand recovery to smaller ones about learning to live with less would be appreciated.  Most of the stories that I have found are about people who have ended their lives due to financial hardship.  I have the love of three grown daughters and a one year old granddaughter.  This gives me the motivation to continue to search for the emotional support that I need to emotionally heal.  I know many people do not have support.  An online support group would be a good start to developing a social safety net.  I would appreciate hearing from anyone who can give me hope.  One day I would like to be the person who could give others the hope that they need.   Thank you for reading my post