Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Losing my father as a 22 year old.

Carly Bergeron

• Members
Carly Bergeron

At age 60, my father was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer one year ago, and passed away on October 31st. 
I feel lost, I think I am in shock and in denial ... it doesn’t feel like he is gone. You could say this about anyone but he really didn’t deserve to go so soon. 
I am deeply saddened that my family and I have to live the rest of our lives without our loving father ... 
it has only been 2 weeks and I already feel so lost. :( 

• Members
mariesgirl1953

Hi Carly, I am so so sorry to hear about your dad, if you ever want to PM me to talk please feel free to. [emoji846] I know there are no words I can say that can make you feel better, but please know that I am thinking about you and your family at this sad time. Like I have said, please reach out to me if you ever feel the need to

*hugs* Kormeera [emoji173] XxxFB_IMG_1591392773470.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Grieving.com mobile app

• Members

Dear Carly,

I'm so sorry for you loss. (((hugs))) the hardest thing in the world is to lose a beloved parent. There is deep pain and sorrow. I still wish so much my dad was with us.

Thinking of you and your family during this difficult time

• Members

Hi Carly,

I am so sorry for your loss. I also lost my Dad on the 31st of October. This pain is intense. You are not alone. Feel free to share your thoughts and feelings here. 

• Members

Dear Carly, I am so sorry for your loss. Its very painful. We all know this and can relate to the feelings you are writing about. It just doesnt seem real. I agree with everything you wrote.

• Members

I lost my father to cancer, when I was 19. 26 years have passed, but I still think of him, have dreams about him, and enjoy looking at photos. We are all individuals and grieve differently, but I believe that time and externalizing your feelings will help you come to terms with your loss. Even though your father is no longer physically with you, you still have your memories and, as he was your father and helped raise you, he is still with you.

• Members
Tryingandcrying

Hi Carly,

I recently lost my mother, but it was very sudden. I hope you got to spend some quality time with him in his last year. I’m not sure if that’s any consolation but hopefully you were able to make some lasting memories and share your love for him. I understand how surreal it is, to have such an important person just gone forever. I think a lot of us feel lost and confused. I understand and feel my mom was taken way too early. I just have to keep telling myself that I believe she is without pain or responsibility and able to do as she pleases now. I wish you and your family comfort during this painful time. 

Archived