Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Bruce My life

MYBL

• Members

My Bruce My Rottweiler. I got a Phone call from the vet that he passed away last Tuesday morning at 4:15am at the Vets he was kept in overnight he was 6 1/2 Years old. I am Devastated and I miss him so much I cant stop crying I am not eating and its killing me being in the house as he ain't here with me. I don't know what to do anymore I keep looking at photos of him and just want to hold him kiss him and give him a big hug and tell him I Love him like I did everyday. I am finding it really hard as he was my life I did everything with him

20201014_084723000_iOS.jpg

Bruce1model.jpg

• Members

I am so very sorry for your loss. Bruce is such a beautiful happy looking dog. I know is so hard to lose him when has been a big part of your life. The change is abrupt and not easy to adjust to. I lost my sweet girl, Kitty, over 3 months ago. Was a big part of my life as everything revolved around her. I miss her terribly each and every day. The loss is not easy to go through and all you can do is take it one day at a time. For me the first 3 weeks were the worst. You don't feel like eating or doing much of anything because everything just hurts to do. Just know that you are in a place where everyone understands your pain as are experiencing the same. Talking about it and sharing your feelings helps.

• Members

Thank you for the reply back it means alot. Yeah this first week has been very hard for me if I am honest. I am sorry for your loss of Kitty over 3 months ago. They are a big part of our lives 

• Moderators

I am so sorry, I also lost the love of my life 14 months ago, my Arlie, he was everything to me, I've had 25 dogs and cats but he was the closest of all, my soulmate in a dog.

6 1/2 years is so young, you must feel cheated, you can see what a happy dog he was!  I'm so sorry that another person has to be experiencing this.

• Members

Thank you KayC and that is a nice Video Tribute. Yeah I wish I had more time with Bruce. It is so hard at the moment and seeing other dogs on walks I just wish I could walk Bruce again

• Members

Oh no! You didn't mention if he was sick so obviously this came as quite an awful shock. I am so so sorry for your loss. 

• Members

Thank you AJWCat .  It was a shock as he was doing so well and responding to everything. He had cue surgery on his leg and was fine but he got a infection in his leg. He was on antibiotics which was working to get rid of the infection. But it looks like the infection spread and caused him to get Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia. Which is he has a low red blood cell count and his white bloods cells attack each other and attack his immune system. The vet said looking over his case report from the night he passed away he had a blood clot somewhere and it caused a massive stroke. 

• Members

Oh, I see. Poor sweet boy. My hearts aches for you. You know it will happen someday but you are never never prepared for it.

Still, the unexpected loss is like getting hit with a boulder. It's a shock. Hang in there. I know how much you miss him and all he gave to your life each day. 

• Moderators

With my Arlie, it was the diagnosis that hit me like a boulder!  And I could not process it before he died, living with a death sentence was not comforting.  Watching my Arlie go downhill with cancer was the hardest thing in the world...and then when it came time to euthanize  him, the emptiness was deafening.

No matter how or when it happens, there is no easy way.  The place they built in our hearts and lives...it feels so empty afterwards.  My heart goes out to you in your loss.  :(

• Members

So true. I had that with my first 2 cats. Everyday you're afraid and worried and hoping they have a good day. There's no easy way. 

• Moderators

I hope it helps to have his ashes and paw print with you.  My vet didn't do anything like that but I did a paw print before and after he died...the first was "in motion" as he wasn't having it and flew through the house, black ink flying everywhere!  That one was my favorite, it was so him. 

It is too quiet without him.  He was so goofy and fun, I just miss his spirit.  I imagine you are feeling about the same.  

• Members

MYBL-Mine passed away 4 days after yours.  I get the feeling.  My home has an unbearable sense of emptiness.  I don't get panic attacks ever but I feel like some try to come on when I realize my loss. 

• Moderators

@Redeemed  I'm sorry for the loss of your BIL too.  It's still so hard for me to realize it.  My sister seems to be doing amazingly well considering, don't know if reality hasn't hit her fully yet or what.

• Members
17 minutes ago, KayC said:

@Redeemed  I'm sorry for the loss of your BIL too.  It's still so hard for me to realize it.  My sister seems to be doing amazingly well considering, don't know if reality hasn't hit her fully yet or what.

Did you keep any ashes or momentos?

• Moderators

He is buried in my back yard next to my granddoggy and 25 year old Kitty.  So no ashes.  I have his collar, leash, tags, paw prints, lock of fur, photos and a million memories tucked in my heart.  I wrote our cancer journey here: https://www.griefhealingdiscussiongroups.com/topic/11790-living-with-loss/

and memories of his life here: https://www.griefhealingdiscussiongroups.com/topic/11930-memories-of-arlie/

Archived