Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My dad's muder/suicide

Sam_elizabeth

• Members

Okay need some criminal investigater people here. I'm not goona rehash the whole store you can comment and we can pm if you wanna know. But basically my dad was with this guy alone just the two of them. Then my dad was shot. Everyone says the guy murdered him. But what I don't understand is that my whole family says they couldn't convict the guy bc both fingerprints were in the gun. But he died in 2005 and I am pretty sure they had the technology to tell whether the wound was self inflicted or homicide. What do you guys think? 

• Members

Dear Sam Elizabeth,

I'm so sorry to hear what happened to your beloved Dad. It is shocking and I wish I knew enough about criminal investigations to comment. By chance have you ever talked to the police about what happened? Did they close the case? Is there a lawyer that could also help? I hope others can offer some assistance.

• Members

I want to find all the records but I have no idea how. All I know is what I've been told by family. Also thank you I'll keep you posted.

• Members

I'm sorry this happened and I know its very difficult. Hopefully you could speak with the local police department about your situation and they can offer some suggestions. A senior police officer might even be able to give an opinion of what he thinks could have happened.

Archived