Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

The chat thing on the site

widower2

• Moderators

I occasionally see a few people here and there but nobody ever seems to actually chat. ?  

Would anyone be interested in this some time? I work roughly 9-5 EST but could do otherwise. It's not like I have a life. 

• Members

I have no idea how the chat thing works.  I am not very good with electronic/social media  stuff.   I have had a smart phone for less than 2 years and don't really know many of it's features.

• Members

Widower2,

I went to the link, but I didn't know how to find your room. Does it have a name?

I didn't want to enter just any room, with random people, as I didn't want to intrude on their conversations. 

It appeared there was only one option. 

I guess I am still confused as to how this works. 

Gail

• Members

@Gail 8588 I went into the chat room and it looks like it is one “room” set up for this forum.  I saw MikeyD had entered and left.  It appears we will need to set up a time to enter so others will know when to visit /chat.

thx @widower2 for setting it up!

• Members

thank you for setting up the chat room I think it will catch on. Maybe set some times like 6:00pm central or what ever works. 

• Members
10 hours ago, Lars M said:

. . . .Maybe set some times like 6:00pm central . . . .

Okay, let's set a chat for 6:00 pm central time for the next 3 days. Monday (Labor Day), Tuesday and Wednesday.  

We can see if anyone shows up to chat and we will figure it out.

Maybe the holiday won't work for some folks, but we can give it a try. Tuesday and Wednesday may work better.  We shall see. 

Gail

• Members

Well that was not all that successful tonight.  But it is the Labor Day holiday- so folks may have been busy. 

We will try again tomorrow. 

• Members

I don't even know what time zone I am in I said Central but I am in Eastern I will be there at 6:00pm eastern god willing

• Moderators

Hey folks, yes there are no "rooms' it's just that one big room :) Very simple. I will try to check in off and on but no guarantees...if people post what days/times work better for them, hopefully people can find each other to some degree or other as time allows. Best to everyone

• Members

It works well I was on it last night. I think your right the best thing to do is set up a time I will try and be on at 6:00pm eastern time tonight.

• Members
5 hours ago, Lars M said:

. . . I will try and be on at 6:00pm eastern time tonight.

I will also be there at 6 eastern time. 

• Moderators

On now FWIW, will check back off and on for awhile before calling it a  night

Archived