Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I am not able to be alive

ATA

• Members

I have lost my dad two weeks ago. I can't describe the pain I'm going through. This is the toughest and worst sort of pain I've ever felt. I don't know how to live. I don't know how life will be continued. My dad is the closest person to my heart, he is my entire world. I can't believe or accept that he is not here. I do look at his pics and videos everyday. Days pass very heavily and time doesn't pass. I am in a nightmare,  I can't live. 

• Members

Hi ATA, I am so, so, so sorry. My heart broke reading your post, as it is so raw & although I do not completely understand your grief, I can relate. There is nothing anyone can say to lift your pain.

I recently lost my father, very suddenly, and he was my whole word.

Sometimes it does not feel real - and you feel numb. Other times it is all consuming and you do not know how you'll get through another sixty seconds. 

There is no way to describe the pain. My heart breaks for you. Sending love your way. 

I read the book It's Ok That You're Not Ok by Megan Devine and that helped me as I felt someone could understand everything I was attempting to process. 

• Members

Dear ATA,

My deepest sympathies and condolences. I'm so sorry for your loss and pain.

Grief knocks you down, but please know you are not alone. We are with you.

Please reach out and consider talking to a grief counselor or someone at the church or in the community. There is support. I also found these sites helpful.

What's Your Grief

Grief in Common

Grief Healing Blog

Mourning my dad and the pain I felt was like nothing I had ever experienced or wanted to experience. But with lots of love and support and kindness, we'll find a way to take each day as it comes.

Thinking of you.

• Members

I couldn't say I know how you feel but, God, does it sound familiar. I still can't believe my dad is gone. I just feel completely crushed and horrified. After a few months I have stretches where I feel normal and then it just hits. 

• Members
On 3/20/2020 at 9:43 PM, ATA said:

I have lost my dad two weeks ago. I can't describe the pain I'm going through. This is the toughest and worst sort of pain I've ever felt. I don't know how to live. I don't know how life will be continued. My dad is the closest person to my heart, he is my entire world. I can't believe or accept that he is not here. I do look at his pics and videos everyday. Days pass very heavily and time doesn't pass. I am in a nightmare,  I can't live. 

Hello dear .... i can relate. I lost my dad 7 days back . He was my hero. My world. My best friend. My mentor. My everything. I never thought i will make a single day without him and here I am devastated dismantled still treading.

Archived