Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I need help

Filippo

• Members

I was 8 when my dad was killed on January 6 of 2013 by 20 year old Karlie Tomica. All she received a sentence of 4 years in jail, 2 years of house arrest and 15 years probation for involuntary manslaughter and running away. For some reason I wasn’t crying at the news, after I got the news that he was killed, I went home and put on the TV, I didn’t even cry at the funeral. I’ve begun to notice a pattern, whenever a sad event or any emotional event for that matter occurs, the emotional impact was very temporary, imagine having your dad die 9 days before your birthday, and all I felt was nothing. Over the next few years of my life all I felt was violent and unimaginable depth of rage to the point where even today as a 15 soon to be 16 year old boy, I would constantly have thoughts of murdering her in gruesome ways or beating the **** out of her. Please, someone help me.

• Membership

Hi Filippo, I am so so sorry for the constant pain you are in, you are incredibly strong to just get through every day. I wish I had expertise in this area, I hope someone responds here with maybe links to therapists or groups where you could really express your rage and start to transform it into something less destructive to your heart. I apologize if I am saying anything wrong. I wish you all the best. I admittedly do not relate to your situation specifically, but I am grieving my mom, so I do know how overwhelming in general it can be. 

• Members

You aren’t saying anything wrong, it’s nice to vent because to be honest I’m the class clown so I’m good at hiding my problems with a smile and puns

• Members

Hi Filippo,
Have you spoken to anyone about this (apart from on forums)? Have you spoken to your family or therapists/counsellors.
It sounds like you have bottled up the pain. It's a way us human beings use to cope with anything that is too traumatic or painful. We lock it up inside but it keeps seeping out.
Do you have a priest or minister or teacher or someone that you can turn to for help.
Talking about your experience, your feelings, with a professional can help you release that pain.
I'm so sorry for your loss.

• Members

Thank you for the reply. To answer your question, the only people who know are my psychology teacher and that’s it, I don’t have a priest nearby and I do not wish for my mom to find out. Telling her would lead to complicated questions I can’t answer and if I told my guidance counselor, they would tell my family. This is my burden alone to deal with 

Archived