Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my grandma, how to help out my mom?

Milos

• Members

Hey,

I m not sure from where to start... reading all these posts made me realize i m more lucky than i thought but still i have to share it. Yesterday i ve lost my grandmother, you could say she died of an old age-85. I m a guy who rarely cries, you could say i m kinda cold but after hearing this made my heart numb and started bursting in tears(first time after 15 yrs or more). I feel so bad, she loved me the most, gave her all for me while i couldnt see her once a week and we live in the same city... Other than this, the biggest problem is my mom, she is now alone, she has no parents. All of her friends are mostly living abroad, other than me, my dad and you could say some meaningless friends(past co workers) she has no one, when my grandma was alive they would talk everyday and be toggether for at least every other day and now she wont be able to do it... I just feel a tremendous pressure to do something to help her, i just feel like i need to be every sec for her, i feel like i need to rush my college and find a good paying job so i can buy her whatever she wants but then again due to my laziness i cant, i just freeze and feel like an utter faillure who dont deserves niether her nor my grandma... 

Sorry for long post

• Members

Dear Milos,

My deepest sympathies and condolences. I am very sorry for your loss. Please don't be so hard on yourself. Your beloved grandmother only passed yesterday and the feelings are very raw right now. It is a terrible shock to lose someone so important to you. Take your time to mourn and grieve her. I know it feels overwhelming and you want to help your mom during this sad time. I'm sure she appreciate you just holding her and being there to help where you can right now.

Thinking of you and your family. Sending my thoughts and prayers.

Archived