Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Busy week, tough week

JES

• Members

I havent posted much lately but find I am missing all of you.  Ive been keeping busy, mostly outside,  doing what needs to get done..of course alone..as we all are these days. Wishing my guy was here to help me.  A sad week as a good friend of my daughterinlaw and her father passed away.on Monday. Hit me hard as he passed from kidney cancer which metastasized.  The tough part is my youngest brother was diagnosed with stage 4 kidney cancer over a 1 1/2 yrs. ago. Had kidney removed but had metastasized to his lungs.  He actually has been on a chemo pill and spots got smaller and has been feeling good. Now looks as if it has spread to his bones.  Been going to alot of appointments but no word yet on next treatment.  So we wait and worry.  Another reason Im trying to keep busy.   Anyways,  just venting :(and letting you all know, Im thinking of you and sending love.  Jeanne

• Members

I'm sorry that there seems to be a lot going on with your life... I hope it would turn out ok with your brother.

I had a busy week also, with work. I am a freelancer and I hop places to places to work, this week my schedule was completely full from early morning till late afternoon everyday. When work finishes I sometimes babysit my nephew for my brother as well. The thing about keeping busy is, the hours go by quicker, and then when everything is done it is already dark - then it's dinner, shower, cry and sleep. Of course, how many times I wake up in the middle of the night is another story... yet at least there's a routine I can follow.

Now it's weekend here, I feel so empty. I suppose I can think of something to do, but then it's not important so I don't want to get out of bed. If it's work I just have to get up.

Anyway, thoughts be with you all too.

• Members
Billie Rae

Ahh Jeanne,it's so hard doing these things alone.My prayers for your brother,how much can we take without breaking?
I too have been busy busy then into an exhausted sleep for an hour or two.
I love you and think of you daily[emoji307]

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Grieving.com mobile app

• Members

@chincube  Thankyou for your kind words.  The weekends have also been my hardest days, I am retired so each day should feel the same..but they are the hardest. We always looked forward to weekends when we worked, but now can't wait until they are over,  think I miss him most those days and the things we did together.  I know your loss is still very new... I can say at almost 8 months that I am doing better than those first really tough months...they were the hardest. Wishing you some peace.....        @Billie Rae  Thankyou for your prayers.  I really feel angry at times ( at who, I don't know) that my brother is 5 yrs. younger than me and going through this.  All in all, we have no choice in what happens to any of us.  So sad....   He will be starting on immunitherapy (?) and still up in the air over radiation and/or surgery.  Its in his hip bone.  Hes positive, feels good yet, and still wants to stay working..hopefully he will be able continue.  As I told his wife,  one day at a time.  Now, to take my own advice....  :blush:Sending you hugs and love. Jeanne

• Moderators
On 5/10/2019 at 8:13 PM, JES said:

I havent posted much lately but find I am missing all of you.  Ive been keeping busy, mostly outside,  doing what needs to get done..of course alone..as we all are these days. Wishing my guy was here to help me.  A sad week as a good friend of my daughterinlaw and her father passed away.on Monday. Hit me hard as he passed from kidney cancer which metastasized.  The tough part is my youngest brother was diagnosed with stage 4 kidney cancer over a 1 1/2 yrs. ago. Had kidney removed but had metastasized to his lungs.  He actually has been on a chemo pill and spots got smaller and has been feeling good. Now looks as if it has spread to his bones.  Been going to alot of appointments but no word yet on next treatment.  So we wait and worry.  Another reason Im trying to keep busy.   Anyways,  just venting :(and letting you all know, Im thinking of you and sending love.  Jeanne

I'm so sorry.  I wish we all lived nearby so we could help each other.  When I saw the topic I thought maybe I'd posted it!  It's been a very tough week indeed.  Sending you positive thoughts and prayers your way.

Archived