Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

She was happy

Brazil Man

• Members

She was happy, buying things for our house, following her favorite soap opera when she suddenly became ill and died a year and eight months later. It breaks my heart to know that her happiness has been cut off. It was a good moment in her life because we have had many bad moments before.

• Members

I am so sorry Brazil Man. I feel your pain. Our hearts are broken and I don,t think that we will ever recover. 

• Membership

Today for me 11 months of torment. I share the sadness and desperation with you, Brazil Man. And with you tlc, too. No recovery ...not on earth.

• Moderators

I agree, I don't think "recovery" is a word we can use with grief, it isn't like breaking an arm or having a headache, this is something that affects us for life...we only just learn to live with or deal with it the best we can.  It's a tough call.

• Members

Yes KayC,  you are so right. When Terry died and they took him away from me, I knew that I would never recover. And, despite waking up each morning (so far) I am not recovering, just surviving. There is a big difference! And, alone. I  have never been in this solitary place before. No US, no "our life", just me trying to make sense of what I am doing here! 

• Members

Brazil Man, I am extremely sorry. It is beyond comprehension why happiness should be snatched away just like that.

Archived