Enjoy the benefits of Premium today.

Share Your Loved One's Pictures

In our beautiful Gallery

Grief Support Marketplace

Check Our New Products In The Marketplace

Take Grieving.com on the Go!

Buy on Apple and Google Play
So sad But Yet So Happy

Our Big Girl is Gone But not Forgotten....

So sad But Yet So Happy
1 hour ago, KayC said:

No, I haven't seen that happen but it's not surprising to me either.  They grieve too and it doesn't shock me that he would emulate her.  I would not be worried about it, he's working through his grief and remembering her in his way.  Have you considered getting another so he wouldn't be alone?

Yes we absolutely have the only "issue" if you will is that were trying to get a puppy. Reason why is he is very protective of the house and us. He's about 40-45 pounds. As  i discussed before the humane society aound this area is pits, pit mixes, rots, mastiffs. And there older. We have to be careful about bringing in a dog like that. We won't. So were looking for a pup. Collie-shepherd would be ideal, but were keeping an open mind. So, Yes we are. Just no luck so far.

• Like 1

KayC

I think I remember you writing about that before.  I hope you find just the right dog for your family!

So sad But Yet So Happy
On 1/26/2019 at 4:12 PM, KayC said:

I think I remember you writing about that before.  I hope you find just the right dog for your family!

Well KayC wev'e been looking for our puppy for over 2 months now. We live in Ohio and 1 unfortunate thing i found out is there's a bunch of " puppy mills ' in this state. We thought about going to Amish country and looking for a pup but later found out many of these puppies mills are actually run by the Amish, at least in ohio. The pounds still come up with dogs that wouldn't be a good fit for our family. So i guess now im just gonna work with our little boy and not worry or concern ourselves with a puppy. After awhile it becomes very frustrating at this point. So for now, and probably quite some time were gonna call it a day and be Happy ( which we are) with the lil boy we have.

Jim

On 1/26/2019 at 4:12 PM, KayC said:

KayC

Maybe you'll happen upon a right fit puppy when you least expect it!

So sad But Yet So Happy

Still looking for that evasive puppy but maybe one day,,,,,,,,,Who knows.

• Like 2

So sad But Yet So Happy

Today was the day. Wasnt expecting this at all. Got on the internet and starting looking around. My daughter woke up and said I had a dream. I dreampt i was in a garden of flowers and the flowers were wiggling and moving around. I didnt know what they were moving about so i went and looked. It was a Little black-White puppy. And it was in a field of lilies. I said Oh, in surprise. I started lookinh on Craigslist and found a listing for English Shepherds. I texted, one thing lead to another and the next thing you know " Lily" came home with us. The lady that breed her was a game warden. Needless to say Id like everyone to meet Lily. She's 2 moths old, and loving as all get go. I post this NOT to boost, but to tell those who has lost a family member so close they can never be replaced but there's always another one to be loved. Lily, and her new Big Brother. This is Lily Ann at 1 day, 1 week, 4 weeks and 8 weeks.

00k0k_dHTVRDatu48_600x450.jpg

• Like 2

Dee rite

Oh I am so happy for you and your family.  This warms my heart to see Lily Ann and to know that she will have so much love to look forward to.  

No it doesn’t replace our loved ones who we hold dear but it creates healing in a different way.

i am truly happy that you posted to help share in the joy after going through heartbreak.

Dee

• Like 1

Jack Russell

So am so pleased for you.  A puppy ........ well she will keep you busy and she is just gorgeous.  We will never forget those we have loved and lost they will always be in our hearts x x

• Like 2

So sad But Yet So Happy

Dee and Jack Russell Thank you. She's a little bundle for sure. My Lil guy watches over her already and its only been a day :)  Yeah, i miss my Big Girl but its surely nice to have a puppy again. Probably our last one though as were 59. But its a nice way to put a smile on our faces and makes the house alive again. :)

+Jeffrey+

That's awesome news! And what a beautiful puppy! I love the name, too. Very happy for you.

Wishing you and the puppy all the best! 

KayC

She is just beautiful!  Nothing sweeter than a puppy...a lot of work but a lot of joy.  She will be sure to create a spot in your heart, I wish you much joy with her!

So sad But Yet So Happy

Just wanted to give an update for Lillieann. She's definetly a typical pup but she REALLY is smart. My wife and i have never owned an English Shepherd and its been an adventure. She's super loving, a bundle of fur and is really super intellegent. She has yet to make a mess in the house, knows her name. Comes on command, sits on command ( about half the time LOL ). Its really funny as she tries to " herd" my little guy and he has none of it. These 2 go round and round in a playful way but she knows when he's had enough. Shadow has come a long way since Savannahs death as he is much more active and is teaching the pup. We love it. Because of our ages, this will probably be our last puppy. I beleive my wife and i picked well as lillieann is much loved and returns that love 10 fold.

Just wanted to give an update on our little ball of fur. I want to Thank everyone in this forum as it has helped tremendously. I know Savannah will be waiting for me on the Rainbow bridge but God has given use a joy back in our lives i thought would never happen. I thank him for that. Wishing everyone well and i hope and pray for everyone here.

Jim

• Like 3

KayC

Thank you for coming back here and sharing, it's great to hear your update!  I know we continue to miss the ones we've lost but we have to have reason to go on and it sounds like this is a really good fit for your family!

Dee rite

Oh Jim,

i am really happy for you all.  This is so heartwarming to hear.  Can you post a picture of her and how she has grown 

enjoy her to the maximum 

Hugs

D

• Thanks 1