Enjoy the benefits of Premium today.

Share Your Loved One's Pictures

In our beautiful Gallery

Grief Support Marketplace

Check Our New Products In The Marketplace

Take Grieving.com on the Go!

Buy on Apple and Google Play
So sad But Yet So Happy

Our Big Girl is Gone But not Forgotten....

So sad But Yet So Happy
4 hours ago, Dee rite said:

Your sweet little girl knew true love.  

Jim I am truly sorry for your loss.  One day you will be united but know she will be watching over you as your little angel.

God bless and wishing you much strength through this difficult time 

Dee

Very comforting words to an old man. Thank You.

So sad But Yet So Happy

Today my wifes cat Snowy passed away. He was 17 lived a good, long life. We woke up today and found him in the basement. A terrible shock added to losing our Big girl about 3 weeks ago.

Christmas 2007 028.jpg

Dee rite

I am truly sorry for you and your spouses loss.

Thinking of both of you during this difficult time.

Dee

Jack Russell

How awful as if loosing your girl wasn't bad enough for you to cope with and now this.  I feel your pain. I am so sorry for your loss.  What a beautiful looking cat.  Know you gave her a good life and unfortunately we are only here for a while until we move over.  You will see them both another time.  God be with you at this difficult time.

• Like 1

KayC

I join the others in saying I am so sorry for both of your loss. To find that when you least expect it, truly hard.  She's a beautiful cat.  I know 17 is a good long life for a cat, but gosh, with no warning...and now facing another loss.  Sending hugs to you both.

• Like 1

So sad But Yet So Happy

Id Like to thank KayC, Jack Russell, and Dee Rite. What i take from this board is that people who really do suffer with a loss is understood and compassion is abound. And from family members you get the " Its only a cat, Its only a dog statements. I wait for the day that they search out a group of people who have experienced the same tragedy. But to everyone who replied, or thought , or prayed for us. a BIG Thank You from the both of us.

• Like 3

Jack Russell
On 18 November 2018 at 8:03 PM, So sad But Yet So Happy said:

I need a little advice from anybody other than myself. 1,800 miles away i somehow found this dog ( Yes i looked, but not expecting to find anything). She looks pretty close to my Savannah. I know, i know. She's not and your right. This dog was a stray. She's 1 1/2 years old. Almost died but fortunately was taken care of after she was found and now she;s in good health. Initially my interest in her was her looks. Pretty darn close, and i was thinking about somehow getting her. The dog being so similar to my big girl im assuming the breed is really, really close to what i had. I understand all dogs arent alike but if the breed, color is similar to my girl im ASSUMING that she maybe similar in temperment, but being a stray in the desert i just dont know. I was approved to get her and told the lady i would get back to het on Mon-Tue of this comming week. I've heard dont get a dog just like the one you lost in looks and color. I know she's not the same but i really dont know what i should do. Any unbiased opinions here would be greatly appreciated Please.  Ty  Jim

A picture of Bridgett. Savannah is the 1st picture on top my my original post. Plz Help me.

dl5zpyw5k3jeb.cloudfront.net.jpg

Jack Russell

So sad yet so happy. I was trying to forward so you knew what I was referring too. Did anything happen regarding Bridgett.  Did you take her.  I know this is a really bad time for you and no other dog could replace Savannah, but I now feel having a Romanian rescue myself, there is so much love in your heart you could give some to Bridgett.  Circumstances are different for everyone.  Foxy my Romanian rescue has given me a purpose and helped me through. She will never replace my beautiful Kelly but there was a hole in my heart. I still grieve daily for my Kelly and having the challenge of a rescue has given me a purpose to a dog who needs some love. Rescues can be very challenging but will help you cope. Thinking of you.

• Like 1

AJWCat

Oh no! SO sorry for your loss beautiful Snowy too. :(

So sad But Yet So Happy
23 hours ago, Jack Russell said:

So sad yet so happy. I was trying to forward so you knew what I was referring too. Did anything happen regarding Bridgett.  Did you take her.  I know this is a really bad time for you and no other dog could replace Savannah, but I now feel having a Romanian rescue myself, there is so much love in your heart you could give some to Bridgett.  Circumstances are different for everyone.  Foxy my Romanian rescue has given me a purpose and helped me through. She will never replace my beautiful Kelly but there was a hole in my heart. I still grieve daily for my Kelly and having the challenge of a rescue has given me a purpose to a dog who needs some love. Rescues can be very challenging but will help you cope. Thinking of you.

My wife and i were talking alot about it but honestly im not sure. Its not that we wouldnt love her, we would but she's 3800 miles round trip away. The lady that fosters her told me she doesnt like crates or cars to much. I explained everything to her and filled out an application well before hand so she knew we lived far away. Right now its kinda up in the air. We cant afford to fly there and back bringing her with us on the return trip. Right now im very dissappointed, and were trying to think what we could do but its not looking to good right now.

Jack Russell

What a shame but quite understand as it's a big decision. Hope something happens and your able to get her as she needs your love. Thinking of you.

KayC

That's very hard, could she be put on a plane to you?  That's so far away!

Kastine

Hi Jim

I haven’t been on here for a bit but decided to go on today to see how everyone is doing.  I am extremely sorry for the loss of savannah and ur kitty cat... difficult times these are but we are blessed with forums like this that help us get through.  I lost my sweet pappa on the 5th July this year... worst day of my entire life... he was my soul dog and I was blessed beyond to have been a part of his existence on this earth. My world changed when I had to make that awful decision... I wanted to die to be with him... it didn’t matter about anything else... he was all that mattered! It’s difficult going through such a soul tearing experience but I have to say as I write this now that his passing lead me to my own path of self discovery.  I started a massive journey and did a course that lead me to a life I’ve always craved and been drawn too... I thank him for that all the time.  His picture is there for me to see everyday and his ashes next to my bed... 2 months after his passing we went to an animal rescue shelter and met max... appearances drew me to him as he was similar to my pappa.. after some deliberation he came to live with us... oh my word... I was in no means ready... I struggled with this new dog and all I wanted was my boy to ‘please come back’... I was so not ready that I wanted to take max back to the shelter (how could I even think such a thing... this poor max who lived his whole life, 5 years, in this place with no home... no warm bed to sleep in). It’s been almost on the 3 months now with him and boy has he crept massively into my heart... he isn’t my poopaloopa... but he is incredibly special and such a funny bunny who loves me so tremendously... I can honestly say that I love max an enormous amount and that was also due to my pappa... my boy ‘made me’ love max... I know that milo was the one who ‘told me’ that it was okay to love max.. that max needed me and that I was doing the right thing by sharing my home and my heart with this broken soul that everyone else just walked passed for 5 years!

I would just like to say that the healing I’ve experienced after my poopas death was hugely assisted by this group and the wonderful people on here who all understand the pain... even if those in our lives at home, don’t!

i am sending u a ton of love, light, peace and healing! 

May your heart continue to be filled with the love and joy that savanah gave you and continue on to another beautiful soul.

blessings, kastine 

• Like 2

So sad But Yet So Happy

Well today we went to the local Humane society today. They had an emergency, 31 cats were brought in from a hoarder so they closed the shelter early. But my wife and i found an 8 month old Golden Lab-mix. She was brought in because she was abused. She has a small hole in her ear, which is healing. She had chocker marks on her neck as it looks like she was drug around like a toy but that to is healing. When i walked by she was sleeping. I said Hello....She jumped up ran to the fence and started licking and slobbering me to death. My wife finally put her hand in and received the same treatment as well. Were going back tommorrow with our dog to make sure they're compatible. If they are, i beleive we found our "new" puppy. Her kennel name is magic, maybe because its magical that she survived the abuse. But looking beyond that you can see she's full of love . I beleive that she picked us, my wife and i. They say a dog can pick there owners. Think she did. Going back tommorrow and if all works out we should have a new puppy. Also, someone has sponsored her because of the abuse so there is no adaption fee for her at all........Just maybe  :):)

• Like 4

KayC

@Kastine  That is such a heart warming message!  How could a dog be bypassed for FIVE YEARS?!  I'm glad you stuck it out and opened your heart and home to him.  I pray he blesses you abundantly in the years to come.

@So sad But Yet So Happy  My heart is literally sick at the thought of anyone abusing a sweet dog like that!  I have two friends that have golden labs, they are so sweet!  Not a mean bone in their bodies.  Do keep us posted how it goes, I hope all goes well and "Magic" has a new home with people to love her!  I had a dog, Lucky (Whippet/Dalmatian) that was abused as a puppy, someone literally stole her from the abuser to get her away from them.  Then he went to prison and she stayed with someone a year but they never considered her theirs and favored their other dog...I got her from them.  By that time she was two and she lived to 14 with me.  Abuse leaves it's marks but so does love.

AJWCat

Hi @Kastine I am glad you shared. I too was just noticing that I got my new/not so new anymore kitty last December. It was almost 4 months after our heartbreaking loss. I was ready and yet not. It was hard but I found joy again. And @So sad But Yet So Happy keep us posted on your new girl! 

We are all animal lovers, that's why we are here. We deserve and need to grieve and when we can, in time, open our hearts again to another that needs people like us who will love and adore them. 

• Like 2

So sad But Yet So Happy

We went this weekend to pick up an 8 month old puppy from the local Humane society. Filled out the app, brought my dog for a meet n greet. All went well. Soooooooo, we decided to drop off our little guy as he was getting kinda stressed at the Humane society and we were going to get the puppy micro chipped and heartworm tested. They told us come back in a hour and she'd be ready. Ok, great. On the way home my phone rings. Some " flunky" called me up and told me since my little guy wasnt neutered we cant have the dog. I asked on the app i stated he wasnt and they told me it was an over sight and we couldnt have her. Told the wife and she was bummed as well she should be. After this we decided to leave things just be. If we find a puppy, young adult, or older dog great. If not, im not looking any more. Just feel sorry for my lil guy as i know he misses Savannah, but he spends alot of time with us now so im a bit bummed , and quite frankly done for now. What will be, will be.       Jim

Jack Russell

So sad But yet so happy.  I don't understand why you can't have her after she has been neutered then. Why would they say you can't have her.  It seems ludicrous to me.  

• Like 1

Jack Russell

Hi Kastine so so pleased for you that things are going great with Max I have wondered how you were getting along.  I am doing better with Foxy and I wouldn't be without her now. She has helped me cope with Kellys loss.  You will be pleased to hear that I now have the court day for the hearing of Kellys death by the dog minder.  Not until the 7th February. But once Xmas is over I am sure it will soon arrive. I don't expect to win but this man must account for what he did to my beautiful Kelly. 

• Like 1

So sad But Yet So Happy
29 minutes ago, Jack Russell said:

So sad But yet so happy.  I don't understand why you can't have her after she has been neutered then. Why would they say you can't have her.  It seems ludicrous to me.  

She was neutered. They said my lil guy wasnt spayed, which i told them. So yes Jack Russell i to am extremely confused as well.

Dee rite

Oh Jim

this is so unbelievable and not right

They are passing up good parents and home which is a total shame

I am truly sorry 

Dee

KayC

Yeah, I don't get that either, as long as one of them is, what difference does it make?  I bet a lot of people just lie and say they don't have any pets to get one.  So sad you can't bring her home.  I'm so sorry.  

So sad But Yet So Happy
On 12/4/2018 at 9:46 AM, KayC said:

Yeah, I don't get that either, as long as one of them is, what difference does it make?  I bet a lot of people just lie and say they don't have any pets to get one.  So sad you can't bring her home.  I'm so sorry.  

She was a pretty girl thats for sure but i know she'll get a good home soon. When they had their meet and greet they both were fine. No agression at all.  She's only 8 months old and is very friendly and we know she'll be homed. Yeah KAYC, i believe your right if i would have lied about not having a dog already i would have gotten her. The Humane society around my area is kinda " funny" in a sarcastic way. Mostly all the dogs they have in this area are Pits-Rots mixed. Finding a younger female in this area is almost impossible. I think for right now, considering our ages 58,59 were gonna enjoy our now Big Boy and let the chips fall were they may.

• Like 1

Dee rite

Still having a loving home and great parents they are missing out and not getting the big picture.

maybe a Christmas miracle will happen and my fingers are crossed.

You are right love your Big Boy as you do and take it one day at a time.

PS 58 and 59 is not old cuz I am in that stage of life too. Lol

hugs

Dee

So sad But Yet So Happy
12 minutes ago, Dee rite said:

Still having a loving home and great parents they are missing out and not getting the big picture.

maybe a Christmas miracle will happen and my fingers are crossed.

You are right love your Big Boy as you do and take it one day at a time.

PS 58 and 59 is not old cuz I am in that stage of life too. Lol

hugs

Dee

Thanks Dee,

Actually id love to get a pup. But sometimes i try and be a realistic person. At 59 and getting a pup and lets say the pup lives for 14 years. Thats 73 for me. I guess that makes me think about mortality for me a lil bit to. We pretty much have had dogs our whole life. They are a part of us. When the kids were younger, we got Newfoundlands. We had 2. A black, and a Landsier ( black and white) and there GREAT with kids. After they passed we got a Berny. Bernese Mt dog. Again, GREAT with kids. Now, after savannah passed we have shadow :)  This lil guy keeps me young. Every night i go to bed he's right by my side and when i wake up he's right by my side. Its as though he's picked up right were my big girl left off. Christmas Miracle, Bless You . But i do have it. Its my wife, daughters, grand daughetr and my Lil Boy. Thanks for your kind words and thoughts Dee.

Jim