Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost a good friend, 3 grandparents in 2yrs

grandma's_boy

• Members
grandma's_boy

Hello I am new to this forum, I am hoping to meet some new people who have through a similar situation and can help advise me in dealing with my grief.

Here is my story in January of 2016 I lost a good friend of mine to suicide, Her and I used to date each other, we dated on and off for 3 yrs. I was very fond of her. 

In june 2016 I lost my grandfather due to a heart attack, I was very close to my grandfather and I crushed when he died. At the time I just graduated college and I graduated with high distinction, I was going to go down to TN where my grandparents lived and show them however, he passed way before I could, That really crushed me. In may of 2017 my other grandfather passed away from blood pressure complications. Again I was crushed. I had to be his pallbearer at funeral. He had a full military funeral. Every day for a month straight I heard the sound of the guns going off, I cried every time. In November 2017, my grandmother passed away from cancer, I was devastated. My grandmother used to baby sit me, every day in tell I was 10 years old. I was at her house during her last finally days, I just remember her gasping for air. Now it is almost the year anniversary of her death and I am having a hard time with all this lose. I feel my life is just sadness and sorrow and its hard to go on. 

any help is appreciate

Thank you,

Dustin

• Members

Dear Dustin,

My deepest sympathies and condolences. I'm so sorry for all the pain and sorrow you have been through. It is hard to suffer so many important losses in such a short time. It is unsettling and to know what to do or even think anymore. Please know you are not alone in those thoughts and feelings. If you want to maybe consider grief counselling or joining a support group through church or in the community. I also found these websites helpful:

Grief in Common

Grief Healing Blog

What's Your Grief

Grief Share

Grief Recovery Method.

Take care of yourself the best you can. Please know we are with you.

Archived