Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Losing my loving cat

Eman

• Members

My cat is gone he was my everything when i feel sad he hugs me and sleep on my shoulder every night i feel guilty bcz i let him out he used to go out and come back but this time some neighbours poisoned him he left alone i can't survive he wasmy all in this life i can't even eat how can i forget him he was such a sweetheart he loved everybody why they killed him i feel terrible i miss him so much i only wanna hug him and touch his paws and smell his sweet perfume how can i live without him my cat that was my all and i can't live without him vet Daniel Fonza told me to check for grieving hotlines in algeria unfortunately we don't have any and i feel bad there's no one to cheer me up and i feel guilty because booboom spent his last hours at the vet clinic away from me and i think he hates me now bcz i was forcing him to take his medications and feed him by the syringe i feel terrible just wanna die i can't survive just cant everything reminds me of him i feel guilty maybe if i didn't took him to the vet he would be alive now please help me what can i do to stop blaming my self and crying, the day he went out i didn't feed my cats i was late so he went out hungry and when he came he couldn't eat so he died hungry and i saw him in my dream saying that he want to eat tuna so i'm crying all the time even to die to go with him and feed him there please tell me that he is with god now and he will give him anything he wants

• Members

Hello Eman and I am glad you found this forum. I know what it is like living in a place where you find no support for such excruciating pain as this of losing an adored friend and life companion, who happens to be a cat. I know your feelings one by one, as I have experienced the same despair and loneliness when my cats died one after another. I read your words and the tears come and I only wish there was a way I could take a bit of this weight away from you because I also felt like I was not going to survive it. I have repeatedly read here many of us expressing the same unbearable Pain - I certainly did myself and I begged for help. I too had doubts about having treated both my cats and administered invasive treatments to little or no avail. When we love that much (and are loved back) we do feel responsible for their welfare and guilty about not have been able to secure it. Be reassured that first what unfortunately happened was completely out of your hands, you had no control over it. My cat Tripps also spent his last hours at the veterinarian clinics and away from me. I was returning from a trip with my suitcase filled with his favourite Tuna can food.

I trust there is plenty of the freshest tuna in heaven, Eman and I know Booboom is free from pain and watching over you from there. The love goes on and on, you will be able to feel it when the pain lessens. My heart goes out to you - 

• Moderators

I am sorry you are hurting and missing your cat.  I do hope you've reported this to the police, it's a criminal offense and they need turned in.  Some people start with animals and ends up killing people so it's nothing to trivialize. In my estimation, animals are even better than people, you don't see animals poisoning others.  

Please lay aside to rest your thoughts of your cat hating you, he knew you were trying to help him even when he didn't like what that involved.  They're very smart that way.  

I believe with all my heart that our animals are waiting for us in heaven, they have no fears, no pain, they are being cared for.

I hope this video brings you comfort.

• Members

I feel sharp stabs in my heart i can't do anything but looking at his photos and cry ,he was healthy and fine how could he die suddenly , till now we don't know what was wrong with him I can't even breath when i think about him , he died hungry he wanted to eat so bad he couldn't he loved food so much please tell me that he is eating now what ever he wants in heaven , also i feel guilty because vets tortured him with shots into all over his body ,and i think he hates me now because i gave him to the vet ,when the vet's truck started moving he was looking at me from the window as i watch the vet drove away , i felt like he was saying why u r leaving me now ? u got tired of me? he was very weak and they were giving him many shots he was very weak and kept taking him to several vets and no one found out what was wrong , the next morning the vet called and said : well the little cat didn't make it found him dead by 5 am i cant stop blaming myself does the vet killed him? also when he brings him back the day before he died he said well he is fine he is not going to die and stupid me i gave him a shower while he was tired i feel like i tortured him by showering him i feel like we killed him me and the vets plz help me,  i just wanna die i swear 

• Members

Eman, try not to focus on the unfolding of events that led to your loss so much. I know how difficult that is - you are in shock, your brain’s trying to process the trauma, you keep playing the horrible film in your mind over and over again. But we find no clues there. And no comfort. You only make yourself more upset. The vet did not kill your cat, but he misdiagnosed his condition, made a mistake. And people say and do silly things at such moments: try not to go there, if you can. Please? I know it is the hardest thing, but this is the hardest parting I’ve know in this life - it does hurt that much. Your cat knows how much you love him. He knows how much you care. May you hold on to it.

• Members

Please tell me that he is not mad of me , please tell me that he does not hate me please tell me that his soul will be with me everyday we'r all sad even my mom who hates cats she loved this one so much he was a member of family please tell me that he is fine is true that there's a life after death? and animals are in heaven?

• Members

Where else could they be, our cats who in this life were what we human beings strive to become and fail, that is Pure Love? They can only be at that place where ALL is forgiven and they, that forgave us all our faults while on this earth and loved us unconditionally shall be at Peace. I saw both my cats in the only dream I’ve had so far of them and they looked perfect and still. I understood they were fine, that the grief was mine to go through - the Pain stayed with me but they were free from it. 

• Members

I wish i can see him in my dreams everyday , i just want him to visit me in my dreams and say that he is not mad of me that he is fine and he has what ever he wants do they miss us? i hope not :(

• Members

I wonder too if they miss us. I think so - one of my cats was very close to me - he was not interested in other people, but focussed on me. It was like we were one. But if he misses me I think it is from a different perspective - I certainly miss him more because the quality of my life was enhanced so much by his presence. Loving him made my life worthwhile. Whatever difficulties I experienced, he was there to comfort me. But his existence had other purposes, other meanings. Maybe now and away from me he is growing more into his own adorable and unique being. We know very little of what goes on beyond this for sure. But if it is to make any sense (and I hope it does or I’ll be disgusted), we have to reach a loving Core. Maybe we all came from there so when we think we are dreaming of it we are actually remembering? 

• Members

I hope I did not cause you to be confused. I was thinking aloud, sorry. I do not have the answers I’d love to give you but we can try and find them together? The Loss makes us think about important things and wonder - because life ends and it is terribly upsetting and confusing and devastating for those of us who lose loved ones. Yet we are here, talking. This must mean we share some kind of Hope. The wisest people I read from in this forum believe we will meet them again - who I am to doubt it? ❤️

• Members

I think our souls leave us when we sleep and go to visit our lost ones.I dream about my grandmanearly every day we were so close.But now I just want my cat to come and tell me that he ia okay and he doesn't need me anymore , i feel guilty because I lethim out,he loved being outside so much and we live in a town in which neighbours hate cats and killed them ,they beat cats and poisoned them.they beated my cat once and although all of this he likes being outside , i don't like my cats being out by either they run away or my mom let them out.my older cat he is 5 years is very careful he doesn't eat outside and he run from strangers but this one the younger that died he was 2 years old he was very friendly to everyone even the ones who mistreated him :'( hhe was such an angel also he was deaf .If only he could come back I'd never ever leave him outside I'd feed him whatever he wants I'd protect him and make him safe if only :'( . I'm dying of guilt i can't sleep my bed smells like him even though i've changed the sheets i just can't survive . I'm afraid when the winter come and his place in front of the heater will be empty .when i shower him he used to sit by there and his ears become pinky and his nose too :'( hhe was white as snow with yellow eyes oh god help me i can't get him out of my mind i can't do anything i feel like a corpse i'd do anything to bring him back but i can't my eyes hurts me bcz of crying 

• Members

Dear Eman, I know this longing so well. I used to say I just want them back, can you give me them back please. But we have all these memories (I can imagine your cat sitting in front of the heater after shower and almost see his pinky ears and nose) to go back to - because we dared to love and cherish them. The people in your town who “hate” cats should be thrown in Aoshima or in one of the dozen Japanese islands where people are outnumbered by the most beautiful cats. This might serve them well. 

• Members

I just find his scratches on my hands and also on the doors :'( also his fur is everywhere . He left forever and I just don't know how to handle his absence , he left suddenly i feel like he will come back idk i spent last nights praying for him to be okay again but my prayers didn't work i guess he left me ,I'm still under the shock can't get his image out of my mind .the vet sent me his photo at 10pm saying he is fine.then i called him by 7 am because i had a terrible nightmare in which my cat died in it was 5 am and guess what the vet said that booboom died by 5 am U'm crying while writing this i thought he would recover he was a strong cat but now I'm so alone without him it is 3:35 am right now he would be by my side cuddling with me my teo other cats don't care about me at all.also he died looking for a female cat because my Siamese cat hates him she is into the older cat i hope god gives him some company and friends there i'm going out of my mind 

• Moderators

Their love doesn't stop just because their body dies, so yes they continue to love us.  They have a different perspective from "beyond" than we do with our mortal limitations, so I wouldn't exactly say they're missing us, they realize we'll be with them again and time doesn't exist for them anymore like it does for us so whether it's a day or many years it's the same to them, so they don't feel the desperation we do, thankfully.  

Prayers aren't like magic wishes, we say them, we let them go and accept what comes.  

I don't seek out psychics so I'm afraid I can't answer that.

I do want to address your feeling guilt though.  Guilt is a common grief response, it's based on our feelings, not facts though.  I hope you will read these articles, they explain it better than I could.

http://media.wix.com/ugd/0dd4a5_e934e7f92d104d31bcb334d6c6d63974.pdf

http://www.pet-loss.net/guilt.shtml

• Members
22 minutes ago, KayC said:

Their love doesn't stop just because their body dies, so yes they continue to love us.  They have a different perspective from "beyond" than we do with our mortal limitations, so I wouldn't exactly say they're missing us, they realize we'll be with them again and time doesn't exist for them anymore like it does for us so whether it's a day or many years it's the same to them, so they don't feel the desperation we do, thankfully.  

Prayers aren't like magic wishes, we say them, we let them go and accept what comes.  

I don't seek out psychics so I'm afraid I can't answer that.

I do want to address your feeling guilt though.  Guilt is a common grief response, it's based on our feelings, not facts though.  I hope you will read these articles, they explain it better than I could.

Thank you so much for your support . now we have nothing to do that brings them back i just hope he is happy and not mad of me and knows how much i love him

• Members

There is always the stage of guilt in the grieving process. I am aware of this because I am a nurse. I am experiencing the same thing with you. I kept blaming myself about why he died. My husband felt the same way. If you'll read my post, you'll realized how bad i felt on the time i had given to him for the past two months before he died because I have a newborn to take care of. He was my child too and I know that he knew how much I love him too. Just to lift ny mood today, we went on vr games and played. I was happy for a while. When i get on the car, i felt guilty about being happy and started crying again because I miss him so much!!! Stop blaming yourself. He knew you did everything for him. Just to cheer myself again, i talked to my husband about naming our next child with his name and believed that he will come back to me again. Different body but same soul. My child, my best friend, my beloved pet will be reincarnated and will soon come home again.  I hope you'll feel better on some days too and not feel guilty about it. And yes, cry it all out loud when you feel the sadness and loneliness. It helps. 

• Members
4 minutes ago, honeyyko08 said:

There is always the stage of guilt in the grieving process. I am aware of this because I am a nurse. I am experiencing the same thing with you. I kept blaming myself about why he died. My husband felt the same way. If you'll read my post, you'll realized how bad i felt on the time i had given to him for the past two months before he died because I have a newborn to take care of. He was my child too and I know that he knew how much I love him too. Just to lift ny mood today, we went on vr games and played. I was happy for a while. When i get on the car, i felt guilty about being happy and started crying again because I miss him so much!!! Stop blaming yourself. He knew you did everything for him. Just to cheer myself again, i talked to my husband about naming our next child with his name and believed that he will come back to me again. Different body but same soul. My child, my best friend, my beloved pet will be reincarnated and will soon come home again.  I hope you'll feel better on some days too and not feel guilty about it. And yes, cry it all out loud when you feel the sadness and loneliness. It helps. 

At least u have a family to support u, for me he was my everyone i can't continue my life i just can't . I feel like he is lost now ,I feel like he wanted to live and be with me.He is such a waste he deserved growing up he dies so young, so naive .I feel guilty because he just wanted to play and i had no time to play with him if only he could come back if only .By the way i used to believe in reincarnation but they told me that it is just a lie so ai'm very disappointed now. please tell me that it is true that reincarnation exists . and please tell me that it is true that hi is with god now and he is happy and god take care of him.

• Members

@Eman the support that i get from my family is not the same with the support i get from this forum. Others will never understand how hard it is for us to accept that they are gone now. Our everyday routine is changed. Sometimes I still call him and acted like he is still alive. Patting him on head and holding his face. I don't mind people calling me nuts. It makes me feel better. Reincarnation is true. Try to watch a Dog's Purpose, it will make you feel better. It's about the unbreakable bond we had with our pets. They may live in another body for a while but will come back to our arms again someday in another body. They will come back to us one day. It may take long but it will happen. 

• Members

@honeyyko08 Me too  i still open the door waiting for him to come back . or feel like he is sitting at the window watching birds.I can't leave my bed because every place reminds me of him.when my brother came today i felt like he will be waiting him by the door as he always did .my brother is so sad too he was his favourite cat.Also I'm disappointed because i was searching and i found that some Islamists say that animals when they die they become nothing just dust and disappear is it true ? .search for it and tell me the opposite please I'm crying now I thought that i'll meet him again in the end :'(

• Members

@Eman i feel you..we're on the same boat.we really need more time to get over with the pain. For now, let's just pray for them and know that they are free from pain and running happily in another world. 

• Members

@honeyyko08 Today i woke up more depressed and tired,because last night before I sleep I was searching in my gallery and suddenly I found his photo when he was a kitten , wearing a red hat with his yellow eyes , looking so sad :'( I still hear his voice in my head ,and the picture of his eyes will hunt me forever . 

• Moderators

There are differing thoughts about what happens when we die, I don't believe in reincarnation but some people do, I do believe our soul lives on and we get a new body and we'll be reunited when it's our time.  I don't think the body matters as much as the spirit, and that continues beyond physical death.  Take comfort in the thought that they continue to live and are happy.  I believe their understanding is higher, their perspective greater than here.  This is such a small part of what is, our finite minds are limited, our physical bodies mortal, but when we study about the beyond, the stars, the universes, even our own solar system, it's amazing, we feel a small speck in the scheme of things, it helps me to see how l belong to so much more and it's comforting to know how vast everything is, how great the plans that are so beyond me!
Yes we continue to miss them, but it helps me to realize that eventually we'll be in eternity where time is no more, and there will be no more tears, no more sorrows!

• Members

@KayC I hope they continue living happy and healthy and have whatever they want.And in the end I will ask god to bring him back to me so I can feed him thereand kiss him again ,I hope they are not vanished and become dust as i read

• Members

Hello everyone,

You know it's been few days since my cat passed away but I just can't forget him I can't sleep at night ,whenever I close my eyes I see him ,and I can't get up of my bed in the morning , I'm spending all my time stuck in my room. i can't get the idea that he was a little bit fine and I killed him by taking him to the vet.the last day while waiting for the vet to come we were waiting by the window and he was sitting there watching cars and birds ,he was very weak but normally sitting while I was kissing him and petting him feeling that it was the last time I do that. Also I feel guilty because I gave him to the vet, he looked at me with a look in his eyes saying why? then he died alone and scared away from me :'(

• Moderators
22 hours ago, Eman said:

,I hope they are not vanished and become dust as i read

The "dust to dust" is in reference to our earthly bodies, but we will get new heavenly bodies that will not die so no worries!

It's to be expected you can't forget him.  Remember, guilt is part of our grief response, I hope you've read these articles but if not, that you will.

• Members
7 minutes ago, KayC said:

The "dust to dust" is in reference to our earthly bodies, but we will get new heavenly bodies that will not die so no worries!

It's to be expected you can't forget him.  Remember, guilt is part of our grief response, I hope you've read these articles but if not, that you will.

Yes I did , but as some say only humans can get heavenly bodies not animals which made me depressed :'( I hope my cat is now running with other animals , playing and feeling safe.

• Members
On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 3:37 AM, Eman said:

I just find his scratches on my hands and also on the doors :'( also his fur is everywhere . He left forever and I just don't know how to handle his absence , he left suddenly i feel like he will come back idk i spent last nights praying for him to be okay again but my prayers didn't work i guess he left me ,I'm still under the shock can't get his image out of my mind .the vet sent me his photo at 10pm saying he is fine.then i called him by 7 am because i had a terrible nightmare in which my cat died in it was 5 am and guess what the vet said that booboom died by 5 am U'm crying while writing this i thought he would recover he was a strong cat but now I'm so alone without him it is 3:35 am right now he would be by my side cuddling with me my teo other cats don't care about me at all.also he died looking for a female cat because my Siamese cat hates him she is into the older cat i hope god gives him some company and friends there i'm going out of my mind 

Hi Eman I am so very sorry that you are going through so much pain.  When you said that your other cats don't care about you at all, I had  the thought that it is probably just that  they saw the strong bond that you  had with your dear cat who died, and so they stood back a bit. For example, I had a cat some years ago who always used to sleep on the end of my bed, I then got another cat and because the space with me was 'taken' by my first cat, the second cat used to sleep in a different room, on the bed of a friend of mine. When the first cat died, it was  some time before the second cat would come and sleep on my bed near me, because I think she saw it as another cat's territory, so  maybe it  is the same with your other cats, perhaps they have stayed  away a bit for that reason. I don't think it is likely that cats would dislike you, I don't think cats think like that, so over time hopefully you and the other cats will become closer.  I know this doesn't for a moment replace your dear cat who died, but hope in time that you and the other cats may be able to form a relationship of your own.

• Members

@Jtc hello,

My older cat is 5 years old he used to be so close to me ,but when I brought booboomI thought they would become friends but the opposite happened Bicho my older cat got separated feom me , he became jealous . Then I brought theSiamese the female but lbooboom didn't separate from me even though they were both kittens there are only few months between them but puffy the Siamese is such an arrogant cat she doesn't sleep with me or sit on my lap or cuddle with me while my elder cat come to me only when I'm eating now and starts purring kissing my nose etc.But booboom is such an angel he were closed to everybody he used to sleep on my mom's chest hugs my dad purrs to strangers and hang on their legs :( thathat cat can never be replaced and still we don't know the cause of his death ,vets kept giving him many shots and medicines but nothing he got sick on Tuesday and died the next monday :'(

here's the picture of my 3 cats booboom is the white one

IMG_20161129_175140.jpg

• Members

Eman, I am so sad to read what your neighbors did to your cat. You did not kill him by taking him to the vet. :( I too lost my cat in a sudden and awful way. I was also going out of my mind with grief and sadness. It took a couple weeks for me to feel like I could function in the world. And longer to feel like I had come to accept everything and deal with my loss. 

From reading your whole story, we are very similar.

Also like me, you are worried he hates you. (I did.) And you are choosing to think he is gone rather than happy and thriving somewhere other than on earth. It is up to you to decide what you want to believe, no one can force you but maybe you can believe good things not sad things? Of course he does not hate you, you did all you could. It was out of your hands. 

I wish you peace. It is not an easy road and it does not happen overnight. I wish I could tell you something better but that is the truth. You had a very special bond and you will have him in your heart forever. I am just over one year without my cat. And I am still a little sad. I think of him often and miss him. Luckily the anguish has subsided and I have all the wonderful memories that I treasure. 

• Members
4 hours ago, AJWCat said:

Eman, I am so sad to read what your neighbors did to your cat. You did not kill him by taking him to the vet. :( I too lost my cat in a sudden and awful way. I was also going out of my mind with grief and sadness. It took a couple weeks for me to feel like I could function in the world. And longer to feel like I had come to accept everything and deal with my loss. 

From reading your whole story, we are very similar.

Also like me, you are worried he hates you. (I did.) And you are choosing to think he is gone rather than happy and thriving somewhere other than on earth. It is up to you to decide what you want to believe, no one can force you but maybe you can believe good things not sad things? Of course he does not hate you, you did all you could. It was out of your hands. 

I wish you peace. It is not an easy road and it does not happen overnight. I wish I could tell you something better but that is the truth. You had a very special bond and you will have him in your heart forever. I am just over one year without my cat. And I am still a little sad. I think of him often and miss him. Luckily the anguish has subsided and I have all the wonderful memories that I treasure. 

Thank you for your support and yes no one can ever what we feel unless they have a loving pets which they've lost .You know I still wake up at night to check on him .And I feel guilty because that night he went out hungry the vet said that he may swallowed a boneand it stocked on his stomach but he couldn't do anything to help we just kept watching him dying day by day :'( and I still dream of him every night and whenever I do I wake up crying . I think you saw the photo of my 3 cats that are my everything in this life ,now that I lost one of them it feels like I lost one of my organs :'(

• Moderators
On 9/7/2018 at 7:02 AM, Eman said:

Yes I did , but as some say only humans can get heavenly bodies not animals which made me depressed :'( I hope my cat is now running with other animals , playing and feeling safe.

There's nothing that says that animals do not get heavenly bodies and we do know there will be animals in heaven.  Sometimes I think man goes a bit far in their "interpretations" of the Bible, surmising things that aren't there.  I can't imagine God would have some random lion and lamb there, but not my Teddy, King George, Autumn, Fluffy, Lucky, Miss Mocha, etc.  They were wonderful animals, you can't improve upon that, why would He try!

• Members
2 hours ago, KayC said:

There's nothing that says that animals do not get heavenly bodies and we do know there will be animals in heaven.  Sometimes I think man goes a bit far in their "interpretations" of the Bible, surmising things that aren't there.  I can't imagine God would have some random lion and lamb there, but not my Teddy, King George, Autumn, Fluffy, Lucky, Miss Mocha, etc.  They were wonderful animals, you can't improve upon that, why would He try!

I read the bible interpretation and also Quran interpretation , in Quran it says that animals vanished and become dust ,only if their owners were good enough to goto heaven and ask god to gather them with their pets again so I hope we will all go to heaven and meet our pets again :(

• Moderators

I'm Christian so don't read the Quran or know what it says, but that's not in my belief system.  I'm banking on being with my pets and my husband again!

• Members

Hello everyone , 

My Siamese cat gave birth yesterday to two cats wich are neither Siamese nor white cats :( they're my older's cat babies :( .I'm so disappointed I thought she was pregnant with booboom's kids but no :'( he left and left nothing behind him :(

• Moderators

I'm sorry, you were thinking he'd have kitties to leave behind that would remind you of him, an extension of himself.  Had they indeed been from him though, they might have been very different from him, sometimes our own kids seem very little like us and sometimes they resemble us in personality and looks, no guarantees.  I'm sorry for your disappointment.  He DID, however, leave his imprint indelibly etched into your heart.

• Members

I will never forget him , my mom told me to adopt a new white cat and name him booboom but I feel like I'm going to cheat on him by taking care of the new cat while I left him died :( . should I get a new white cat?

• Moderators

It's not cheating on them, they know we love them, we aren't replacing them, it's a whole different cat and we can't expect them to be alike...one thing about cats is they are VERY unique!  Maybe he will send you one your way so you will know that is the one, it wouldn't hurt to look and keep your eyes and heart open.  He knows you need someone to love, some purpose in life, someone to love you, and he awaits you when your time is come, meanwhile he's happy where he is and knows your time to be together will come again.

• Members

Today at the taxis station while i was waiting me and my mom saw a white cat she looks exactly as my booboom I was shocked but she was too skinny and dirty and we noticed that she is nursing my mom and I gave her some food while I was feeding her se looked at me with the same look of booboom I cried :'( I wanted to take her home but we were in another town and I gues she has kitties to take care of .My mom told me that god sent her to me so I can feed her because I was feeling guilty that booboom didn't eat for a week he was so sick he couldn't eat and I felt guilty for not feeding him :(

• Moderators
18 hours ago, Eman said:

My mom told me that god sent her to me so I can feed her because I was feeling guilty that booboom didn't eat for a week he was so sick he couldn't eat and I felt guilty for not feeding him :(

How neat!  Like another go at it.  :)

• Members

I HAD to adopt a cat but we waited a little while. As for the name, that is up to you. You might want to remember booboom and always have that name just for him? That is just my opinion.  

• Members
On 9/12/2018 at 6:24 PM, AJWCat said:

I HAD to adopt a cat but we waited a little while. As for the name, that is up to you. You might want to remember booboom and always have that name just for him? That is just my opinion.  

I don't want to adopt any white cat for now :( I still feel guilty for letting him die :( I just can't forget him I see him in my dreams every time I sleep :(

• Members

Your lovely friend is peaceful and will never leave you. My heart aches too. Best wishes Jude

• Moderators

I always gave it time in between animals, I never have adopted one that reminded me of a previous one, I always went for completely different.  

I wish I could ease your pain and you could be at peace.

• Members
On 9/14/2018 at 4:53 PM, KayC said:

I always gave it time in between animals, I never have adopted one that reminded me of a previous one, I always went for completely different.  

I wish I could ease your pain and you could be at peace.

Thanks for these words I really appreciate that :) my mom wants  a new white cat but I don't I feel like I'm going to replace him 

• Members

It's been days now since my cat died but I just can't stop grieving for him :'( I just miss him so much and I still feel guilty like it was my fault that he died :'(

• Members

Hello Eman

I'm so sorry I hadn't replied to your post, the reason is that  I  hadn't been able to bring myself to come back to the forum for a few days as my cat Fritz has recently died, although he went very peacefully.  People on the forum had been very kind to me while I nursed Fritz for seven weeks, and he had quality of life for that time, but it had been hard to come back and  say he had passed  on.  However now that I have shared it, I do feel better.

Anyway I would like to say now  how  very beautiful all three of your cats are and I can understand how special and beautiful Booboom was. I do hope the new kittens have been doing well. Thinking of you and wishing you peace and comfort.  I'm quite certain that Booboom would want those things for you too and that he  knew very well how very much you loved him.

• Moderators

Eman,

I'm sorry you continue to feel guilt for his death, try to remember it's a feeling, not fact-base or actual, our feelings can be unreliable, but they're also neither good or bad, but to be weathered and stuck out.  May you find peace ahead for you.

Archived