Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Yesterday was 1 month since my 2yr.old nephew passed

MaybeOneDay

• Members
MaybeOneDay

I am new to this site. I decided to join because I need help,  I need advice.  I don't know what's best for me right now or what's in my best interest.  My entire world was shattered forever when my mother hysterically called me around 930pm on June 12, 2018 to tell me that my nephew Jace had been pulled out of the pool and that the ambulance was there and it didn't look good. He was being life flighted while his mother,  my SIL, and I got to the hospital.  I'll never forget sitting in that family room waiting for the doctor to come in and being told that after 25mins of them working on him,  he didn't make it. I adored my nephew, he was my whole world. My love for him is the same love I have for my own children. The only way I have been able to make it thru this last month is to completely block him out of my mind. I avoid anything to do with him at all costs. Not all can be avoided.  I come across things of his, his belongings, things he would leave at my house when he would come stay with me. I have not scrolled thru my FB newsfeed since he's passed bc I'm scared to death of coming across any of his mom's posts of videos or pictures of him. How can this happen? A little boy that I couldn't go a day without seeing or talking to is now someone that I am, in the mean time, trying to almost forget about. I feel like I'm not ready for this and avoiding it at any angle I can. I hope that one day I will be able to look at his pictures, our pictures together, videos, without me losing it 

• Members

Dear MaybeOneDay,

My deepest sympathies and condolences. I'm so sorry for your devastating loss. It is unimaginable pain and sorrow to lose a young child.

Be kind and gentle with yourself. Keep taking it moment by moment. During this sad and difficult time its all we can do.

If you want to maybe consider talking to a grief counsellor or joining a support group in the community or talking to your pastor.

Please know we are with you.

Thinking of you and your family. Sending all my thoughts and prayers.

Archived