Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Coping with the loss of my grandparents

felicity18

• Members
felicity18

Hello,

I'm new to this forum. I was looking for a place where I can get some advice about coping with the loss of my grandparents. To begin, between 2006 and 2017 I have loss all four of my grandparents. My mom's mother being the last one to die in 2017. Anyway ever since she died I have had to deal with the fact that all of my grandparents are dead and that I don't have them in my life any more. Now there's this void left behind by their presence in my life, that I don't know what do to with or how to deal with it. Its just something that's been bothering me and I would really like some advice on what I can do to help myself. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

felicity18 

• Members

Dear felicity18,

I'm very sorry for your loss. I know losing all your beloved grandparents is very hard. I too lost my last grandparent in October 2017. It feels so surreal and it is hard to make sense of.

Please know you are not alone. If you want to maybe consider grief counselling or joining a support group in the community. I found reading these websites helpful in understanding my loss.

What's Your Grief

Grief in Common

GriefShare.Org

Grief Healing Blog

Tiny Buddha

I hope you have a trusted friend or family member you can lean on for support as well. I think it helps to talk about our feelings and the uncertainty we feel about our losses. Takes time to work through all our thoughts and feelings.

Please know we are with you. Thinking of you.

Archived