Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Signs and comfort from our passed loved ones

BGpisces

• Members

I recently lost my fiance in a terrible motorcycle. I posted about it. Im not really coping well and struggle to get out of bed daily but do so for my children. Ive been trying to read as much as possible on grieving, loss of loved ones and coping. Ive read lots of topics that say our loved ones are here with us and try to communicate with us constantly. The articles say that smelling their scent, hearing their voices, hearing poignant songs, sensing their presence, and them coming to us in our dreams are all ways they are trying to communicate. I am wondering if anyone has experienced any of these things from your loved one. My mom told me my love may come to me in my dreams but I havent been able to sleep well since the accident on 1/31.And when I do, I dont dream.My daughter is 8 and said he came to her in her dream and he was all in white and he told her he loved her. My 15 year old says she hasnt had dreams either. I feel like Im grasping but I miss him so much. This is just too painful.

• Members

Sadly I haven't received anything that I would consider a sign from my loved one, Ed, who left me a little over three weeks ago. It's discouraging because he and I had often talked about such things.

My mother is absolutely certain that my father, who died two years ago, leaves her pennies. I have to admit that she really has found pennies in some strange places under unusual circumstances. It even happened to me once, the very morning after I had just scoffed at my mother on the phone for her penny stories. I walked into work and there on the floor, right by my chair, all by itself, was a penny. It gave me pause.

But I haven't gotten anything from Ed, and that makes me sad, because I had shared my mom's penny stories with him. We had often talked about how our deceased loved ones always seem to leave such ambiguous signs rather than clear distinct messages. I really believe that if he could, he would...but he hasn't. I'm not going to give up though. I'm a very vivid dreamer, and I sleep a lot, so the avenue is there if he can take it.

• Members

BGpisces & Moshi,

I am very sorry to hear about your fiance...

It has been 6 months since I lost my hubby from cancer. I was with him and watched him slowly dying... After he passed, I cried beside him and then I fell in sleep because I didn't sleep for two days. I woke up after one hour and was feeling freezing to my bones, but the room temperature was about 22... I told my sister on the phone about this, and she told me that my hubby was hugging me.

The next day, a stem of dried hydrangea from my shelves above my desk, was on my desk... he put it there because he knew I love flowers. He used to like his toast very dark, so he was the only one would touch the toaster setting to dark. It happened once the toaster setting was set to dark.

He came in my dream about 2 months later. The dream was very different from the regular one. It was very vivid, bright and so real! He dressed in white and looked very young just like the first time we met. He had a big smile, but he didn't say a word... I reached out my hand to touch him, and then I woke up. I could feel it in my hand... it was so real. He came in the early morning when I was feeling relaxed and was in a stage of half sleep and half awake.

The last one, it was about 4 month later. In the morning, I walked toward his computer desk with my coffee. His calendar was hanging on the wall beside the desk.... it was swinging right in front of my eyes. No wind, the door was shut and no earthquake... it was him swung the calendar to get my attention. I looked straight and smiled, and I told him how much I loved him... I still love him. Since that day, I haven't really notice any sign from him anymore. I thought it was his last good-bye... But now, I do feel someone approaching behind me once a while... not often.

I miss him a lot, and I still cry time to time... like yesterday. I am focusing my life with our son right now, and I keep myself very busy. The best way to cope with my grief is to have a hope to hold on to. I believe I will see him again someday. He will come back to me when my time comes, and that's my hope. Everyday I live with the hope and keep busy, and I also take him with me everywhere I go... in my heart and my mind.

Take care.

• Members

Hi,

I also had trouble sleeping after I lost my husband on Jan 26 2015.  I tend to finally fall asleep around 4 30 am each day from exhaustion.  Then I am up and down until I give up.  Last week I went in to work to help with a project (I am technically on leave but was doing them a favour) and had to leave at 5 am.   I gave up trying to sleep and just stayed up all night.   The following night I was able to sleep finally around midnight and slept until 7 the next morning.  Since then I have been doing better, maybe 3 or 4 hours straight, and I have also started dreaming again.  

I did have a dream about my husband last night but it was nothing that I would call a sign.  It was just a dream about a normal day, probably because I am longing to feel normal again.

I think it would be nice to get a sign, but I believe he is with me either way.  If I know him he can't tear himself away from the XBOX (can you imagine how big the TV screens must be in the man dens in heaven?) long enough to send me one.  

Archived