Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Sudden loss of best friend

Dioscorea

• Members

Sorry about this ramble, but I just need to get this out somewhere.

Back in 2009, I was only 10, we rushed out and got a ginger kitten on a whim who we called Jasper, after the ginger cat from my Dad's childhood. Since then he became my best friend. Because I was the eldest and only boy, I was the only one allowed to have my window open at night (security), which meant every night for the past 7 years I have had my gingy man on my bed curled up at my feet.

On good Friday he came in smelling of diesel. After a bit of research we decided to give him a bath, it was midnight by then. About 5 mins after the bath, he just fell over in my room, gone. Heart attack? I think he must have already cleaned the diesel off him before coming in. We took him to the emergency vet but it was in vain.

And now, every night I go to bed, and it's so lonely it hurts. I didn't even know you could hurt so much from missing someone. It really sucks and I don't know what to do. We've buried him, and we're looking at rescue cats, because we can't stand the house being so empty, but it's never going to be the same. He was so perfect, and not even 7, he was fighting fit. I can't believe he's gone. I keep going to check the back door or window to see if he's waiting to be let in, and it's killing me.

I miss my baby so much. I'm so lost without him

Ill post a picture another time. Every time I see a picture of him I literally break down. I want him back sooooo bad.

• Members

I am very sorry about the loss of your Jasper. It is very lonely when we lose a precious loved one. I can't imagine what happened and why he was smelling like diesel. When I lost my first fur baby, I thought I could never love another one, but that's not true.  While no one will ever replace my Emmy, I've come to love (and lost) several other precious lives. I've rescued many cats. I think you should give it a try. I think you may find a new friend. 

We will be here with you,

ModKonnie

Archived