Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Why can't I cry?

Dayo008

• Members

Hey everyone,

My mom passed away exactly five weeks ago today. And life has been really really difficult to say the least. I've been trying to cry but I can't and I'm afraid it'll affect me later. I've never been the teary-eyed type all my life but I want to now even if not in public, in private I want to. I feel really bad that I cant. Is this normal?

Dayo.

• Members

Hi Dayo008, sorry for your loss, i know how hard it is. Not being able to cry is quite normal, and it's only been five weeks which is so early. My mum died last July and I've hardly been able to cry much since . I miss her so much and honestly don't know how to live without her. Mostly I feel numb but then I will have a day where the tears come even if not for long. Don't feel worried about it , it will happen, it doesn't mean you didn't love her. Was her passing expected? My mum had lung cancer and I looked after her for nine months, and I cried nearly everyday watching her deteriorate and suffer. Even though I knew she was dying, it didn't make it any easier when it happened. I was in shock mostly for a few weeks and just felt numb,I still do.

Welcome to this forum, we're here for you.

Hugs Lisa 

• Members

I cried all the time, like all the time. It didn't matter where I was. My sister never cried. Everyone grieves differently, don't put so much pressure on yourself. Take your time and grieve the way you know how, there is no right or wrong way to do so.

XO

Archived