Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I feel so alone without my Ms.Kitty

Ms. Kitty's Mama

• Members
Ms. Kitty's Mama

A month ago my daughter had neck surgery and I had to stay with her for a week before she could be alone. I left out food daily and plenty of water for Ms.Kitty who was a beautiful pastel calico. When I returned home my fat healthy baby had quit eating. I took her to the vet and she was diagnosed with feline fatty liver disease. After 6 days on IV's she got to come home, still not eating. I began syringe feeding her every 3-4 hours. Then night before last she started vomiting and bloody diarrhea. Took her back to the vet as soon as he opened. After 24 hours on IV's again he ran her bloodwork and told me that her liver was failing and there was nothing more he could do but pain meds.and put her to sleep. I drove to the vet to spend her last moments with her and stayed till she passed, then brought her home to bury her. She was all I had at home to keep me from being alone and we slept together almost every night. I've cried all day I need her so much and miss her so bad. I hate coming home because she isn't here to meet me at the door. Does this hurt ever go away?

post-402761-0-81191900-1427014667_thumb.

post-402761-0-07233300-1427014845_thumb.

post-402761-0-58640400-1427015155_thumb.

• Members

I'm so sorry for your loss :( I know its really hard to believe that your kitty has passed away. The pain will definitely take some time to go away, although it never really does go away but we learn how to manage it. My best advice to you is to cry all you want, let it all out. Keeping it in will only make your suffering worse. I cried hysterically for days, didn't get up from my bed but after those few days I was able to finally eat again walk past my bedroom door. Of course, we do cry every once in a while when we see something or just remember about them but I mean who wouldn't? They were our babies and will always be :) Hope you get better with time :)

Archived