Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I lost my brother to a murder overdose.

Ya__gwaaa

• Members
Ya__gwaaa

I'm a 17 year old female and I lost my brother about a month ago on 3/11/14 . At first I was just at school having a surprisingly good day..

It was my day off from work this day as well . A Tuesday. After school I was walking to my car . I get a call from the emergency room asking if I'm Malik's sister .. I say yes and they tell me to get to the ER right away, after I got there I came to my sisters in the parking lot and I got a call from my mom and I asked what happed and she didn't answer me and I asked again and she told me my brother died of heart failure from an overdose . I dropped to the floor on the street and started sobbing .. I don't think ill ever be okay ever again honestly, god probably took the last part of my heart that still shined the brightest .. After i find out what he oberdosed off of I became weaker , he overdosed on 12 dementia pills . He was fed the pills , so people could rob him . Instead of him passing out he overdosed and I lost my baby boy forever .. He was only 16 . I don't think ill ever recover from the pain.

What do I do ? I tried to move on but I can't seem to get far ..

• Members
sermatinger

I'm so sorry that this happened to you. I lost my sister to an overdose that someone else gave her as well. The only difference was that she was a "willing party" at least that's what the police said. Either way someone else put something foreign into my sister and it killed her. That was almost 5 years ago. But this isn't about me. This is about you. I don't have magic words or wisdom from my experience but I do know that the way you spend your time is vital now. Things can spin out of control when grief is involved and you're young. Make good choices for yourself and always keep your brother close to you in anyway you can. I started living for my sister after she died. I went back to school and started getting my life together. My brother had committed suicide two years before my sister died and I completely spun out of control. I thought I would never come back down. I'm here if you need someone to talk too. I know everything is up in the air now and the dust will eventually settle. Just take some time for yourself and evaluate what you want your brother's death to mean to you. You're gonna be angry for some time. Don't hate the people that did this to your brother. I know that's gonna be hard to do. I've done it myself. Just try to bring the positive things you loved about your brother into your everyday life and live through him. Do the things you wanted him to do for himself. Live everyday in his name. 

Archived