Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Missing my mom like crazy

keiko

• Members

That's it really - I miss my mom so much.  She was such a sweet and gentle person plus she had a smile that could light up a room.  Almost everyone who offered their condolences and knew her have said the same thing and it makes me really proud that she's my mom and that everyone recognized that about her.  I haven't longed for her to hold me since I was a child, but I have such a longing to be comforted and held by her...I guess having our parents (I lost both of mine already) around gives us this sense of security that no matter what happens, you have your parents there for you but once they're gone so is that security.  I feel so alone and empty no matter what I do.  I keep hoping and praying everyday I'll wake up feeling less sad and less empty but I wake up to the same gaping hole in my heart every single day.  This just sucks - plain and simple sucks!!!!

• Members
Ouch and confused

Very sorry Keiko.   I know it sucks.  It does.

I still have my mother, but lost my father, and I know when my mother's, mother passed I heard the same things from her; she just wanted to be held by her again.  It is very rough losing a parent and I can only imagine I will feel the same when my mom passes...

Those feelings are normal and part of the grieving process so all I can tell you in regard to those feelings is what what was told to me for years after the loss of my father - she would want you to be happy.  She wouldn't want you sad or missing her or with a big hole in your heart feeling.  If you can, try to start seeing things like that.  It helped me to a certain degree, but nothing will ever replace the person.  Just try to hold onto the good memories and know that she is still with you wherever you go: in your mind, in your heart and in your soul - always. 

All the best, and hang in there. 

Archived