Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

The Power of Positive Thinking

backyarder1

• Members

BY1 - I'm still so very much in love with my Tom.  I feel him with me every minute of everyday and feel our love continuing to grow.  I have no need for "loving again" as I am "loving still".

I think that each of us will find what is right and for many it will be "loving again".  But I also think that there will be those like me who are "loving still" and find that is the right path.  For me, "loving still" is not closing my heart to love, but opening my heart to a new way of loving my Tom.

• Members
traveler1959

Alone, I will never quit loving my wife, she was my first REAL love, and I think of her constantly.  But I can't see being a lone for the rest of my life. I hope someday a new love will come my way.  Like Betsy said, we need to keep  your hearts open.

• Members

traveler1959 - I think your post points out exactly how each persons journey differs and what I was trying to say. Everyone on this site understands grief but we can't begin to understand where any of us will end up. What is right for one may not be right for another. No one is right and no one is wrong. We just take different paths.... just like all the different paths that brought us to this site.

• Members

One more thought...

A woman at a grief support I go to said that she no longer feels married. That's a powerful statement. She is actively pursuing a new relationship.

I still feel married.

• Members

BY1 - your "bad attitude" post echoed all the criticisms I receive daily...

You live too much in the past... You need to move on... It's time...

So I will take my leave. I pray you find your happy ending.

Archived