Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My little yellowish best friend

Ricky

• Members

Since the moment i bought that bird and before , i've never imagine that i could be soo soo attached to any pet that much, but Ricky wasn't just another bird..

It's been like yesterday! The day that yellowish-green canary came into my house, he wasn't singing he was just feeling weird about the whole new atmosphere, everytime i tried to catch him he was flying away and climbing the cage weirs , but day after day.. And with love,care and patience.. We became like best friends!

Everytime he sees me he chirps that special chirp, so my parents would know that i'm back home :'D

He used to jump to my finger when i put it near him and then starts to chirp and bites it playfully.. Everytime i feel like crap i go to him, put him out the cage, talk to him about my problems (he was actually listening to me :') ..) ,play and sing with him and feed him whatever he like (he adored apples and bread)

I mean jesus it never seemed like it's been a year and a half having a new part of my family, he passed away today suddenly (he was chirping as usual) , in a blank of an eye he was at the cage's floor upside down that was the worst moment of my life, it's been 3 hours ago and i'm still crying ... so RIP my fluffy ricky .. You've made my life better and it was a year to remember, hope you're flying free right now :') god bless your soul i will pray for you everyday xoxopost-390725-0-65799800-1393605457_thumb.post-390725-0-15023400-1393605486_thumb.post-390725-0-65799800-1393605457_thumb.

• Members

I'm so very sorry about the loss of Ricky. It doesn't matter how large or small, furry or smooth, we still love them and it hurts when they are gone. We will be here for you.

ModKonnie

• Members

So sorry about the loss of your beautiful canary, Ricky.  I have 2 parakeets now and have dealt with bird loss before.  As ModKonnie said, it hurts when they're gone no matter what animal it is.  We love them.  That's all that matters.  One year is such a short span of time, too.  I lost all my cats to a house fire this past December, and my cat Sweets that I adored I'd only had in the house with me for a year.  He'd been hanging around for a few.  He was like my soulmate cat.  There'll never be another one like him and had never been one before him like him.  He was ornery as all get out and always brought a smile to my face.  I was always lavishing him with kisses and cuddles.  So wish it could've been longer.  One year passes in the blink of an eye.  Keeping you in my thoughts.

Archived