Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

ANOTHER "First" Just Around the Corner!

chicagogina

• Members
chicagogina

July 4th is coming in a couple weeks and while that may not seem like a big deal to most of you, it sure was to my Mom and I. You see, I was born on July 4th, so every 4th of July since I was a kid, it was "all about ME!" We went wherever I wanted and did whatever I wanted and ate whatever I wanted. Mom ALWAYS made me feel like all of those fireworks really all were just for ME!!! She was one AMAZING Mother! Sadly, last year, the 4th of July was the last fun, healthy day we spent together. She got sick the day after my 50th birthday last year and the day after that was the day I took her to the hospital. The next 2 1/2 months were spent in and out of the ER, telemetry, a rehab facility, and finally hospice, where she died in September.

So, this July 4th, I will be all alone with just my memories of the most wonderful, selfless, loving, giving, sweet Mother anyone could ever hope for ... and with the memory that my birthday was the last healthy day she spent on this earth. I don't think I'll ever truly be able to CELEBRATE it again ... just remember.

It's been almost 9 months (on June 20th) since she died and I miss her EVERY DAY of my life! I am adjusting. Family and Friends have been WONDERFUL and I feel very, VERY blessed and uplifted by my faith in God. But, the bottom line is that my Mom was my Mom was my Mom and NO ONE and NOTHING will EVER take her place. Life is OK now but it will never be as good as it was when she was alive and we did EVERYTHING TOGETHER. I will ALWAYS miss you, Mommy.

Happy 4th of July, my dear -- I hope you enjoy the fireworks from heaven as much as we always enjoyed them together from our front lawn. I love you forever and I miss you more than words can say.

-- Your Baby Girl

P.S. The photo is of Mom and I with one of my best friends who was in visiting from Texas -- on my birthday LAST year ... Now Mom is gone and my dear friend, Betty, is dying with colo-rectal bladder cancer. It has been the year from hell.

post-18910-128153889675_thumb.jpg

Archived