Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Why even go on if it only continues to become even worse?

AriOrange

• Members

My precious one and only son Ari tragically and suddenly went to live with Jesus http://facebook.com/letterstoarion June 24, 2013 - so often now it seems that for other grieving mothers this unbearable pain will only continue to become even more horrific with time.

The thought of which nearly doubles me over overwhelms me ...

I don't want to be in this hopeless place - I want to overcome it and embrace the hope of heaven.

Does it really always just to continue to become even worse?

My Ari - http://facebook.com/letterstoari

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

I saw your post and wanted to say that I am so sorry for the tragic loss of your son... you have asked some questions that I find I have asked myself...

This is my second child loss, my son Jesse was killed while riding his motorcycle to a doctors appt last October....

Many people further along in the grief journey have told me that the "blow" gets softer with time... I think too if you come from a very church environment that unrealistic expectations of grieving get heavily pushed, mostly unintentionally ...(I have been there, especially with child loss number 1)

Two books I would recommend is "Life after the death of my son" by Dennis Apple...he is a pastor and gives a realistic view of grieving...

Also, I found CS Lewis A Grief Observed to be interesting...here he was as a long time christian, but when his wife died...his theology was not the carrier for grief he expected...

In the end, I feel at least for myself, it will have to be a "deep knowing" tie with God...that is something that will not come quickly and will not erase the burning pain in my soul...

We find out that we only live in this realm for such a short time...sometimes I know I can touch the other side briefly...and that carries me more than anything...

In peace,

Jesse David's Mom

• Members

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost a beautiful 6 year old boy 33 years ago. I am here to tell you that yes, time does soften the wound! It will never go completely away but you will be able to reach a time when it is not an all consuming hole in your life. How long? I don't know. Everyone is different and reach that place differently. I just wanted to reassure you that even if it does become worse for a while....at some point the healing begins and it will get better. I find myself back in that hole myself having lost my wife last month. But I am optimistic that I can overcome this because of the prior experience with my son. Hang in there and remember the good things.

Archived