Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

too much loss

tlillyb

• Members

in 2010 my husband confesses of the addiction problem he's been hiding from me....goes into rehab and comes out a different man who doesn't want to be married anymore...i never really got over the betrayal and still cannot understand the hate....we're in the midst of a nasty divorce which is killing me....

try as i might, i was unable to keep the house and the kids and i moved last october to a tiny house i rent....i loved my house, but with one salary, it was a lost cause....

the next month(11/2012), my daughter dropped out of college (3 weeks left) and moved away with her hateful boyfriend...i miss her every minute of every day and she's pretty much indifferent towards me and the family she used to be so involved with and cared so much about.

this past january my son's best friend and one of the sweetest kids committed suicide....he jumped in front of a speeding train....my son was too late to stop him, got there as his body was being covered....my son was devastated when his sister left, when his friend died, he fell apart...he goes to grief counselling and seems to be doing better...but i still worry...

his friend was part of our family, always hanging around the house....and i miss him so much....and i miss my daughter...

and i'm waiting for time to heal these wounds....nothing, yet...

• Members
Mermaid Tears

I just read your post...you are dealing with a lot of issues...many layers of grief....for grief comes in many colors and shades...it is one of those emotions that covers so many situations...and milestones in our lives. Please go to "Loss of Adult Child"....there are many on that site that can hear you...relate with you....and reach out to you. No...one doesn't have to have lost an Adult Child to be on there....but...that sweet boy that was a part of your family was like your 'child'....and you have a very heavy load to bear. Please go to that site and tell us about him...yourself...and the journey you are on. We know how dark that path can be to walk.

• Members
immissingyou

Oh honey - that is a lot on your plate right now. Have you considered grief counseling or a support group? It sounds as if connecting with others in the same situation might help you.

Archived