Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Hi!

daddysbabygirl

• Members
daddysbabygirl

HI, my name is ashlee and i am a new member here. I am seeking help and comfort from those who are going through similiar experiences.

Here's my story:

I was extreamly close to my father, him and i were best friends. We could talk to each other about anything and everything. He made every moment specail, and was one of those dad's who as involved in my school, friends, and social life. He knew his boundaries, and rarely ever went over them.

Then I night he told me and the family that he was diagnosed with colo-rectal caner. Then the news kept getting worse. He was declared terminal. All of this was hard to comprehend. I didn't know what to do. At first nothing seemed to change, he was still going and very active,then things got worser. It was much like a roller coaster ups and downs, and that unexpected turn after a dark tunnel. After the longest 6 months in my life he couldn't fight any more and he passed away on Memorial Day of 2006.

If anyone has any advice on how to get through day to day life and not feel that hole in your heart so strong, please let me know,

always,

Ashlee

• Members
stephysteph13

Hi sweetie,

Im here for you. i understand you so much. I'm 18 years old and lost my mom when I was 16. feel free to talk to me.

im here for u

stephanie

Archived