Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

The murder of my daughter/neice

momof12minus1

• Members
momof12minus1

Hi, I am new here, no one wants to hear my story......well, they want to satisfy their cuoriosity then they want to shut me down. Six years ago my family and I moved to Charlotte to adopt some relatives that were in the foster care system. Over night I went from a mom of 6 to a mom of 11! I wish that I could say it was a joy but on many days it was really hard. You see these babies belong to my sister's son and for what ever reason, my sister (the grandmother) could not get them.

So I agreed to help my sister and we got the kids out of the system. What I did not know at the time was that my sister wanted me to give them over to her.....that is against the law. And this is where my problem begins. I found that not only were we fighting social services for help, we were fighting my sister and her son and his wife as well. You see they were all happy when the kids were sad and in the care of strangers. They were not happy that they felt loved and the children wanted us to be there forever home.

Well going down the road a bit, the kids had a lot of problems and we could only get limited services from the state. One day one of the children played with a candle (I left my guard down for the holidays and did what I always do) and burned our house down. We were homeless. My sister advise that under the circumstances if I place the kids back in the system, they would give them to her. I was so defeated at this point so I listened and this is where my true journey begins.

There were things about my sister that did not feel right to DSS so they tried to do all they could to stop the transfer of the kids to their grandmother (my sister).......oh how I wish I had helped them in their efforts. Instead I sided with my sister, after all she was the grandmother.....who can love a child more than a grandmother, right.

Things started to happen when she had them for a visit, you see she lived in Ga, I was in one part of NC and the kids were in another, about 2 hours away. I never left them even though I gave them back. They would still come to our home and stay. I fought for what I thought were unfair treatment but I never thought I would have to fight family.......I should have been fighting family.

After almost a year of court battles, my sister was able to get one of the children. Leokoshia......oh how I resented her name....why such a tough name to say and spell I use to think. Soon after my sister adopted her, she changed her name to Ruth. A few months after that, she was able to get another sibling.....another one of the girls in-fact she was a twin, her brother refused to go with his grandmother. There was something very scary to him that............

Anyway, through all the legal battles, my sister and I fell out. I tried on occasions to reach out but nothing. On July 27th I awoke to the phone ringing, when I answered it was my nephew, not the dad but the brother. He told me that my sweet neice had died she had a seizure but he said they had arrested my sister.

I got myself together drove the five hours, went straight to the courhouse, I tried to get the detective to understand that seizures run in our family. He only shook his head and said "you did not see what I saw, this was no seizure."

I wish I could say that it is over but it is not, far from it. The other sibling is still in Ga, we are working real hard to get her here with us. I thought that I could forget all the press and the shock of my family and forget my pain and just focus on my sweet baby that is still here. I did for a while....that is until the police and DSS release my neice....meaning she could now tell me anything she wanted. over the pass two weeks she has been telling me of the horror that was her life with her grandmother. She said to me, "we knew we she was going to kill us" can you imagine living a year in total terror.........

Now more and more, I think of my last conversation with my sweet Leokoshia. She said to me "mommie, you promised that it would be better, it is not better", I assured her that as soon as she got to her grandmother's everything would be fine......I said that. I encouraged her to go to a death camp!!!!

This person who did all of these horrible things I don't know. Nothing was more important than family. The press has been cruel but ppl who do not know what they are talking about even crueler. My sweet girl died tow days before her 12th birthday. That name that I resented so much in the past.....I love more now than anything......it is the name Ruth, I now hate.

• Members

Very sad story, I hope those children find love. I hope you can work through your grief of losing your sweet neice. Know that she is no longer suffering and with you spiritually.

• Members

Dear Lyneette

I am so very sorry to read ot the loss of this precious child . It is evident that she and her brothers and sisters were very fortunate to have know you and to have you in their lives. Please come here often and share

This wonderful site has helpoed me to feel connected and understood since I lost my only child 5 years ago. We will support you laugh with you and cry together We will never be too tired to listen and that is oh so important.

You are not alone .

Archived