Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I Am Angry

mares2001

• Members

I lost my mother very suddenly almost 6 months ago and I am just so angry. I fly off the handle at a moments notice and scream and yell at my husband over the stupidest things...I went to my parents' grave the other day, I missed my best friend, my mother, and sat and talked to them both but mostly her...I just dont undertand..I would have taken care of her and I just wish I could talk to her again...but I know if I talked to her one more time that that would not be enough...and to make matters worse the holidays are coming up, including my birthday and I could care less....the only gift I want is her and I cant have that so I dont want anything....

I am just so angry at everything...

• Members
Alexander Risten

Hi Mares2001,

I am so sorry for your loss. Losing your mother and best friend is really sad. Your anger is normal. It is part of the grieving process and it will subside in time. Anger is mostly an expression of desperation and a feeling of powerlessness. That is the worst part of grief, it makes us powerless, and sometimes our only expression against this feeling is anger. I believe if you are honest with your husband about your feelings he will understand your "rages" and help you deal with it. I am thinking of you.

• Members

Hi Mares2001,

I'm sorry about your Mom. I lost my mother 3 weeks ago. She was also my best friend. I wish the holidays would'nt come this year. I dont feel very thankful right now.

• Members

mares, I am so sorry that you're feeling this way. I can relate. My patience is so much thinner now that my dad is gone, but it doesn't show itself all of the time...mostly when I'm at work, and I have low tolerance for colleagues or students (I'm a teacher.). I lost my dad 7 months ago, but the anger hasn't subsided yet. I still haven't visited his grave, and I'm not sure I ever will. That would make it way too real. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone. Take care.

Archived