Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Is there any point?

Megan Benoit

• Members

My father died in 2007. A few weeks after that, I held a gun to me head. Obviously, I didn't pull the trigger, instead I gave the gun to my mom and she held me for several hours that day.

It isn't helping that WWE is refusing to acknowledge any part of his career and that the police are saying he killed my half-brother and stepmom before killing himself, when I know that isn't true. Everyone believes he is guilty. a few minutes ago on my facebook, I got a message from someone asking how I liked having a murderer for a father. He isn't a murderer. He was a loving father and husband. He adored Daniel and loved Nancy. He didn't kill them. I don't know who did, but it wasn't him.

Just...what's the point in living anymore? Looking in the mirror is too painful, it's his eyes I see looking back at me. On June 18th, 2007, he hugged me goodbye as he dropped me off at my mom's. If I'd known it was the last time I'd see him, I wouldn't have let him leave and he's still be here with me today. What reason do I have to live? The world thinks my father is a cold-blooded killer and I've lost the one man I've ever loved in my life.

• Members

Megan,

You are definitely experiencing something that not everyone can understand. Sometimes, people we love dearly do things or are accused of things that hurt others, but we still love them. It's okay that you still love your father, no matter what. I work at a prison filled with people who have committed crimes or been accused and convicted of crimes. They have loved ones who have stood by them and visit them.

That being said, you should consider seeking professional counseling for the struggle you are facing and for your thoughts about harming yourself. Despite this terrible ordeal, there is life, and it can be full and good. You have a life ahead of you, but sometimes in our darkest hours it is hard to see through the fog.

One of the best things you can do is to talk with your mom about your feelings, talk with a counselor and share your feelings with them.

We will be here to support you,

ModKonnie

• Members

What's the point in living? - I've asked myself that same question after going through multiple losses in 10 months, including my mother almost a month ago. I'm still not over it, I don't know if I ever will be.

But I was able to do it outside of the public eye and away from people who obviously need to mind their own business, and find a life of their own rather than badger some who has lost so much. You owe those people nothing- and all their are doing is interfering with your grief process. Shame on them.

If I were you, I'd shut down anyone that isn't a personal friend from contacting you on fb and other social media- your real friends won't act like that- and if someone does- the block function works pretty well. Don't let those people get in your head- hold on to YOUR memories of your dad, not media memories- YOURS.

You keep living to carry on the wonderful things your father was and what he instilled in you. You carry on because you have his goodness in you- his legacy lives on in you. And that's an important job- it's your duty to hold your head high and in a small part as a giant middle finger to those who have been unkind to you as a result of the situation and media circus.

Don't let those "people" get in your head. They aren't worth it.

Best of luck to you :)

• Members

I ask my self that same question over and over when my mom past in August I will never forget that day or how much pain I felt. But I will say my mother was a strong woman she raise five kids and her bros and sister when her mother past at a young age. So for me I found that it was a reason to still live because the mother I had found the strength to live after her mother past (No father in her life) and she still moved forward and she loss her brother but that did not stop her from taking care of her family and raising all of us great. I know that for my mother I have to live so that I can keep her memory alive and keep her hopes and dreams for her family alive as well. I pray that god bless you and you see that there is life worth living if not for yourself than for your father and your mother who I am sure loves you very much.

Archived