Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Has anybody been to a medium?

justinlsmom

• Members

I am curious as to how many people have gone to a medium and did it help?

• Members

Wow, and I thought people would think I was crazy for wanting to do this!! I have started researching...just make sure the one you pick, doesn't require "too" much information, or they could be fake, and take advantage of you, knowing you're so hurt and would believe them! Let me know of you do it before me! Ill do the same!!

Ronda-

• Members

Yes and he has help so much with my grieve over my daughter passing, Michelle died in her sleep, Adam the medium comfort me of what happen to my daughter, plus so much more that I needed to know to find peace with this tragic of losing my beautiful daughter Michelle. He will tell you the truth, Adam has had is gift since he was 5yrs old. At first I was not sure this was right for me..but I was desperate and needed some answers. I have his number, and web site.

• Members

Yes and he has help so much with my grieve over my daughter passing, Michelle died in her sleep, Adam the medium comfort me of what happen to my daughter, plus so much more that I needed to know to find peace with this tragic of losing my beautiful daughter Michelle. He will tell you the truth, Adam has had is gift since he was 5yrs old. At first I was not sure this was right for me..but I was desperate and needed some answers. I have his number, and web site.

• Members

I went to a medium years ago and was shocked at the things she knew about me that she shouldn't have ever known. I was in such shock that i can remember my heart racing so fast. But, here lately with the passing of my son I've wanted to go to one, but none in my area aren't great....they all have really bad ratings.

• Members

My husband and I have seen 3 mediums since we lost Chris 19 months ago. We found it not only comforting but incredibly healing. They all brought Chris through with so much detail that no one could no, and they all brought through the same validations, for example exactly how we lost him, who he was with and things that have happened since he passed. We spent a lot of time researching good mediums, there is actually a Veritas Institute in Arizona where Dr. Gary Swartz has done intensive testing on specific mediums and actually validates their gift. If you are going to see someone I suggest you look at his work. We were fortunate to have readings from John Holland, Glenn Dove and Suzanne Northrup. John Holland does not do private readings anymore but does very small groups, 8 people. Both Suzanne and Glenn do private readings in person and on the phone, since it is all energy and your reading will be just as accurate as if you were in person. Hope this helps, I have recordings of all of the readings and often play them back to hear Chris' messages to us.

• Members

My husband and I have seen 3 mediums since we lost Chris 19 months ago. We found it not only comforting but incredibly healing. They all brought Chris through with so much detail that no one could no, and they all brought through the same validations, for example exactly how we lost him, who he was with and things that have happened since he passed. We spent a lot of time researching good mediums, there is actually a Veritas Institute in Arizona where Dr. Gary Swartz has done intensive testing on specific mediums and actually validates their gift. If you are going to see someone I suggest you look at his work. We were fortunate to have readings from John Holland, Glenn Dove and Suzanne Northrup. John Holland does not do private readings anymore but does very small groups, 8 people. Both Suzanne and Glenn do private readings in person and on the phone, since it is all energy and your reading will be just as accurate as if you were in person. Hope this helps, I have recordings of all of the readings and often play them back to hear Chris' messages to us.

What happened to me on Wednesday came out of the blue. In fact it was the last thing I could have imagined. This woman obviously has a real gift. She did not however want to pursue it in any way. We did not exchange names,nor did she give me a card, etc. She just walked over in the tea room and spoke softly and kindly. She told me that Jeff was there beside me and radiated a beautiful brilliant aura. She said that it surrounded me with love. His message was that he was okay and at peace. Today, after a couple of days to digest what happened I wish I could ask her more questions. I was just so shaken and taken off guard. I can say with all honesty that this was for real. I consider it a gift sent to help me to find peace in my own life again by my loving son. I am truly grateful. What an amazing son I have!

• Members

I also at some point of time in the last 4 months since I lost my son wanted to consult some medium very badly....just wanted to know abt the last few minutes..that he dint suffer...he is in a safer...better place now....but, in Hinduism, ( I am a Hindu ) .... We believe, calling the soul will disturb them from their journey if they r continuing or their stay with God if they r in heaven... We believe they will be traveling for 12 days...equivalent of 12 months ...earth months... So we offer them food on the designated days....pray for their peace.... And leave the rest to God... If u call them thru mediums.... It may do them more harm...that's what we believe... He keeps coming in my dreams....caresses...talks to me....hugs me... I m both peaceful and sad....I keep seeing beautiful butterfly whenever I m lost in his thoughts... Just taking one day at a time like all of us here.... Waiting for the day when I can be reunited with him....I keep reading abt the reincarnation stories and believe we can be together again someday....

• Members

I also at some point of time in the last 4 months since I lost my son wanted to consult some medium very badly....just wanted to know abt the last few minutes..that he dint suffer...he is in a safer...better place now....but, in Hinduism, ( I am a Hindu ) .... We believe, calling the soul will disturb them from their journey if they r continuing or their stay with God if they r in heaven... We believe they will be traveling for 12 days...equivalent of 12 months ...earth months... So we offer them food on the designated days....pray for their peace.... And leave the rest to God... If u call them thru mediums.... It may do them more harm...that's what we believe... He keeps coming in my dreams....caresses...talks to me....hugs me... I m both peaceful and sad....I keep seeing beautiful butterfly whenever I m lost in his thoughts... Just taking one day at a time like all of us here.... Waiting for the day when I can be reunited with him....I keep reading abt the reincarnation stories and believe we can be together again someday....

I am so sorry that you lost your son. I hope that you continue to have beautiful dreams of him that will help to bring you comfort.

You see, I did not seek out a medium. Not at all. I was quite honestly just going about my day when this amazing experience happened. Never having set eyes on this woman before it came as quite a surprise to have her walk over and join us at the table. She made it abundently clear that she had a message for me and it was given to send comfort and much love. I took it as such. I believe that it was completely God's call on this. I am grateful for the opportunity to have knowledge that my son is completely happy and at peace. I consider it a great blessing.

• Members

Well, I did it. I met an old friend at the cemetery and she was telling me she was having a very hard time after her mom died and she was given a name of a medium, she called them and set up an appointment, and she said it was the best thing for her, she was very happy with what she heard and now has a lighter heart and doesnt feel like she needs to be at her mom's grave 4 x a day. So upon hearing this , I went. Wow, I brought along my very sceptic husband and my 16 yr old daughter. Lets say my husband is no longer a sceptic. The things she said, she couldnt have known. These were family only memories, things only the 4 of us would know. I can't tell you how this has helped me heal. On my hardest days, i try and remember everything she said, it makes it a little easier and i believe my good days are because of what i heard. She told me some signs to watch out for to let me know when he was around, and i have seen them with my own eyes as well as my camara. I was a bit of a sceptic as well, not as bad as my husband though.She read my daughter very well, how sick she has been and what she needs to do to get better. It was really cathartic. It doesnt bring him back, but it helps to know that he is on the other side and he is happy. As a mom that is all you want to know. I say to myself that i can live with this pain in my heart if I know that he is happy, thats all I have ever wanted for him. I also read alot of books on bereavement/grief and also near death experiences, they all help in there own ways. I will go again in a few months once things are settled down and my mind is not constantly buzzing. At this point i am willing do try whatever it takes sometime of relief from this pain.

• Members

Yes. Kate..like yr case if it comes on it's own it shd be fine...there r no hard and fast rules right???? Whatever will make us lessen the pain....may be for a short time...becoz I know I m being pulled back right into the grief mode after a short spell of relief...nothing seems to matter when I m overwhelmed with grief... All I want is to hold my son in my arms... Hug him.... Also have u been to a fb page 'signs from loved ones'...it's a very positive group....check it out....hugs....

I am so sorry that you lost your son. I hope that you continue to have beautiful dreams of him that will help to bring you comfort.

You see, I did not seek out a medium. Not at all. I was quite honestly just going about my day when this amazing experience happened. Never having set eyes on this woman before it came as quite a surprise to have her walk over and join us at the table. She made it abundently clear that she had a message for me and it was given to send comfort and much love. I took it as such. I believe that it was completely God's call on this. I am grateful for the opportunity to have knowledge that my son is completely happy and at peace. I consider it a great blessing.

• Members

Thank you, Banu for your kind words. I see that it has not been very long sice you lost your son. I can totally relate to the overwhelming pain and loss you are experiencing. I wish that none of us on this forum had to be in this place. Just to be able to hold them again and see their face is something we all long for. I am personally taking it one step at a time and one day at a time. It takes courage and patience to get through this. Please take good care of yourself! Sending you warm wishes and prayers.

Kate

• Members

Thank U Kate....Hugs to u....There is no such thing as early or something when we r talking abt the loss of children right???...I can see the parents down the line also grieving the same way.....this is not supposed to happen right....the children have to do the final rites for the parents.....Its festival times here...i am extremely depressed...talking to a counsellor... taking anti depressant aslo have not helped... i guess....i need to live with this agony for the rest of my life....like all of us here

• Members

Yes, I have talked to a medium. It has been incredibly healing to talk with my son on the "other side", to learn that he did not suffer in his fatal accident, and to know that he is still with us. Although the waves of loss still come, they are not debilitating. I can live my life in this frame with joy and purpose, knowing with certainty that we will be fully reunited in spirit.

As tragic as losing our 18 year old son was, it has launched me on a new journey of discovery about the spiritual realm, the afterlife, and my own purpose for being. It is taking me in unexpected directions and has been a time of accelerated personal growth. One catalyst was this web site: www.channelingerik.com. I'm not affiliated with it in any way, I just found the content to be enormously enlightening. It's written by a mother who lost her 20 year old son in 2009 to suicide. Her struggle to deal with his loss took her to several different mediums where she continues her dialogue with him in the afterlife. What he has shared has blown my socks off and changed my entire outlook. I found the medium I used through this site.

• Members

Thank U Kate....Hugs to u....There is no such thing as early or something when we r talking abt the loss of children right???...I can see the parents down the line also grieving the same way.....this is not supposed to happen right....the children have to do the final rites for the parents.....Its festival times here...i am extremely depressed...talking to a counsellor... taking anti depressant aslo have not helped... i guess....i need to live with this agony for the rest of my life....like all of us here

Yes Banu, time really does not change a thing apart from helping to take the edges off of the initial heartwrenching pain. We as humans learn to continue on in our journey of life. We carry our precious ones in our hearts along this journey. We keep them close and not far from thought. As a parent it could not be otherwise. I am thinking of you and hoping you will soon be feeling a bit less stressed and pained with time and patience. Please do take good care of yourself. Thinking of you at the special time.

Kate

• Members

I would check out George Anderson, www.georgeanderson.com I have been to see him and the reading was very helpful. If you can't see him in person (Long Island, NY) then I would suggest reading his latest book, Ask George Anderson. Of course reading the book will never take the place of a reading, in the same way reading a menu is not the same as eating an actual meal, But it's a start.

• Members

Yes Banu, time really does not change a thing apart from helping to take the edges off of the initial heartwrenching pain. We as humans learn to continue on in our journey of life. We carry our precious ones in our hearts along this journey. We keep them close and not far from thought. As a parent it could not be otherwise. I am thinking of you and hoping you will soon be feeling a bit less stressed and pained with time and patience. Please do take good care of yourself. Thinking of you at the special time.

Kate

Yes Kate... I have lost abt 25 pounds in the last 4 months... I can't go to places where I went with Kiran....can't eat what we both love to eat...can't remember a day when I have not cried...even though he died a hero trying to save his friend who dint know swimming....that doesn't help in reducing the pain or grief...only the solace that I brought him up as a good human being.. I have lost interest in dressing up...looking at people...talking to them.... Some feeling of incompleteness ..... All I want is to end the pain ... It feels like he has gone back inside me again.. I can feel him...not see him..or talk to him...

• Members

I too would love to see a Medium... If anyone knows of any reputable ones in the Maryland area or close by, please share with me...I am having a really hard time believing that my son did not suffer and wasnt calling out for his momma...

• Members

I too would love to see a Medium... If anyone knows of any reputable ones in the Maryland area or close by, please share with me...I am having a really hard time believing that my son did not suffer and wasnt calling out for his momma...

Peanuts mom, you can have a reading over the phone, it doesn't have to be in person. I know that I struggled to find a medium, not knowing who to trust. In partnership with the www.channelingerik.com web site that I mentioned earlier, Jamie Butler (a very talented medium) is doing bi-weekly small-group conference calls with Erik. The next two (Nov 1 and Nov 15) are specifically for grieving parents. it is limited to 6 participants, so you get about 10 minutes during the call and the cost is $50. That sounds like a short time, but it is more than you think, and if you have just a few really burning questions, then you can get those answers you seek. Go to her website for more details: http://withloveandli...ersonal-growth/ and look for the grieving parents conference calls.

I wondered if it was all real. Then I participated in one of Jamie's conference calls, and I KNOW it was really my son. He drowned in a car accident and I had agonized over wondering whether he suffered, and what really happened that he couldn't extricate himself. I learned that he felt the initial impact and then that was it ...he was in another place. He didn't suffer, he wasn't panicking, it all was over so fast he didn't even have time to think. I was so comforted by that and grateful to know that he's really OK. I also know that he isn't gone, he still is here -- with me -- just not in the same way. It makes all the difference in how I can get through this loss.

I know there are other talented mediums, and a lot of not-so talented (or even outright charlatans). But Jamie is the real deal.

• Members

It's been very hard to know I can't hug or talk to my beautiful daughter and also to do all the things she wanted to do... we will always feel if we did enough, did I spend quality time, was I good enough mother...did I tell her enough I love you, or hug her enough, did I listen enough... Yes I feel lost without my Michelle, I can't breath at times with disbelieve, its been almost 2 months, my tears keep falling hard... I screammm Michelle I'm sorry mommy couldn't save you, why Lord, WHY!!!!!!!!!! Then I think to myself, my Michelle was a gift from God for 30 years, she was a joy, so beautiful the love of my life, she would light a room with her smile...her laughter was so cute.. Michelle was little slow but so smart, and understand everything, she loved sports , specially her SPURS!! Michelle loved her mommy so much, she would be always taking care of me, always trying to please me....she would say mom, when I was sad, Mommy don't listen to anyone your a good person a good mom and I'm proud of you..the way she said it with so much passion...I love my Michelle, she was and always be the love of my life...now she graduate to the kingdom of God with her white wings and cap, The psychic I see told me this, that Michelle died in peace in her sleep, that her mission here was done, and that God needed her pure soul to work with him. Adam told me that Michelle who talks through him said mommy please don't be too sad, be happy for me, because I'm happy.. don't feel guilty mommy you didn't do anything wrong.. I didn't know I was crossing over when I went to sleep.. please mommy I love you, I'm right beside you...I will never leave you..please mommy take care of yourself, finish your reality show with the animals and your film, it's going to be good , do this for me. make me more happy and proud of you..Adam said so much more..all his work is by energy and he records the session.. He knew everything of how Michelle pass before I said anything...Adam told every time you start feeling guilty or angry listen to the tape and remember what Michelle said, to be happy because she is very happy! Michelle is free from all pain, she has power and she's everywhere. And all the places she always wanted to go , go to those places, she would be there with you.. Adam really is helping me through my grief.. To know that my Michelle is happy, and she's hasn't left and that she went peacefully with no pain, no struggle..my Michelle, my Cinderella! Mommy loves you so much,and I'm so proud of being your mom, always....having little peace of mind is good, doesn't mean I'm not hurting, the pain will always be with me, but I'm at ease knowing she's with me, always... God Bless you all!! Yolanda

Archived