Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Found out today

ModKonnie

• Members

Found out today that my mom has a serious cancer we don't know until next week the extent or how long she will bless us here on earth - but what I do know is my sadness and turning in my stomach about how to handle this what?? I'm losing my mom??? Me?? It's like I have been slapped in the face with reality and so many things in life are trivial. How do I handle these days with her - I want them to mean the world? How do I find balance with my life in this situation, I don't want to leave her side but I have work and things I still have to go about with my life and just having the thought of not spending every last second with her is making me feel guilty.

• Members

Found out today that my mom has a serious cancer we don't know until next week the extent or how long she will bless us here on earth - but what I do know is my sadness and turning in my stomach about how to handle this what?? I'm losing my mom??? Me?? It's like I have been slapped in the face with reality and so many things in life are trivial. How do I handle these days with her - I want them to mean the world? How do I find balance with my life in this situation, I don't want to leave her side but I have work and things I still have to go about with my life and just having the thought of not spending every last second with her is making me feel guilty.

You spend every day just loving her as always. She may need some extra help, or lots of positive support. Keep talking to her, be sure and tell her how much you love her. Cancer is not a death sentence; even serious cancer can be stopped. At some point, we all lose our mom, and it is one of the hardest things to do. However, you and her will get through this.

Ask her what she wants from you, and try to spend a little more time with her. Let us know what is going on.

ModKonnie

Archived