Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of a friend

IM</3SORRY

• Members

I lost my friend Kate 8 months ago. she killed herself. The pain hasn't eased up yet and i don't know what to do. At the time she died we weren't as close as we use to be. My family thinks it shouldn't hurt if we weren't as close but it does. I still remember all the times at the local shows and gym class. If any of you have any advice please tell me, because I don't know what to do. Ever since her death I have been extremely depressed. It seems like the ones I can go to (my family) don't get it at all...unsure.gifsad.gif

"Maybe one day it will be ok again. That's all I want. I don't care what it takes. I just want to be ok again."

• Members

I lost my friend Kate 8 months ago. she killed herself. The pain hasn't eased up yet and i don't know what to do. At the time she died we weren't as close as we use to be. My family thinks it shouldn't hurt if we weren't as close but it does. I still remember all the times at the local shows and gym class. If any of you have any advice please tell me, because I don't know what to do. Ever since her death I have been extremely depressed. It seems like the ones I can go to (my family) don't get it at all...unsure.gifsad.gif

"Maybe one day it will be ok again. That's all I want. I don't care what it takes. I just want to be ok again."

Hi Cat,

Have you tried talking to friends that you may have had together with Kate? What about classmates or her parents? Are you depressed because you didn't get a chance to say goodbye or do you feel guilty or angry because she killed herself? Suicide is difficult to understand and heal, but in time you will be able to process this. Can you perhaps talk to a counselor and get some guidance for how to move forward?

MoKonnie

Archived