Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Is death the end?

Sc39

• Members

Every day i wonder what comes after death. I saw my husband die. I saw the lifelessness of his body and the look of nothingness in his eyes that let me know that he was no longer alive. No one has ever come back from death to tell us what happens after. 

I pray daily for faith because a large chunk of my belief in God died with my husband. I wondered what God would allow a young man with three small children to die and leave them alone in this harsh world. He had so much to live for, so much yet to experience. 

I want to grow my faith back from almost nothing. I want to believe. I want to think that when i die, he will be waiting to welcome and comfort me, or if not, then i will see him when it is time to live in paradise. 

I want to think that there is a purpose to life and it is not just a series of random and meaningless events. I want to believe that there is a grand design. 

I am going through this fire that is grief. I hope that one day i will come out of it purified and changed. All these hopes and wishes tug at my mind, but overshadowing it all is the loss i feel. I miss you, my darling...and i love you...in this life of mine, and the one you are in now. 

• Administrators

Sc39, 

Grieving has been said to be harder than running a marathon. It tests everything we believe in down to the very basics of life. Like you said, you are walking through the fire. I do know, research studies have shown, that once you align your spiritual believes (whatever those maybe) with the loss you suffered, healing can come more easily. Talking to others in person or through forums like these helps as well. Remember to eat healthy foods to keep up your strength. 

You are not alone.

Hugs

Kelly

• Members

Thank you Kelly for providing this forum.  For monitoring and making changes.  It sounds refreshing the Back to Zen.

• Moderators
19 hours ago, Sc39 said:

No one has ever come back from death to tell us what happens after. 

Not long accounts, but short ones, and they seem similar.  I have a book written by Betty Malz of her account, "My Glimpse of Eternity" it's been years since I've read it but I believe she was clinically dead for 20 minutes, which is longer than most.  I experienced it on the operating table but all I remember is it felt alluring to go on, the only reason I chose to stay is for my animals.  Yes, chose.  Some report that they feel a choice, some don't.  Don't feel your spouse chose not to be with you though, I know when my George went, he was in such immense pain, death must have felt a relief, and then to go on to experience what I felt for that brief time as I hovered on the brink, it's hard to put into words really, but there's a peace, it's good, it's alluring.  (They restarted my heart and got me going again but I kept stopping breathing for about two hours while they were monitoring me, it took great effort to pull through).   

BTW, thank you, Kelly, and the powers that be, for adding the ability to "like" a post.  Sometimes we want to make sure we let someone know they're heard but we don't have any words to add, and sometimes someone says something we really want to add kudos to, it helps us express ourselves!

• Members

There will always be the mystery of life/death, and there are important reasons for this. If we knew the Answers then life would be less meaningful and it would be robbed of purpose. This I do know, however, that we are part of the endless chain of existence, that we are connected to all those who came before us, and to all those who will come after. We will die, our children and grandchildren will die when their time comes, but they, in turn, will have children and grandchildren.

A few of us are granted elusive glimpses of the Eternal. I believe I was, but I lack the capacity to even begin to understand what I experienced.

• Members
Jeff In Denver

This isn't the right forum for me to go into detail, but there is plenty of information out there that suggests that this is only a very brief (relatively speaking) interruption from our partner.  The reunion is supposed to be incredibly wonderful - beyond belief.  Think about that. 

Not too long ago a group of prominent doctors discussed NDEs and life-after-life theories at the University of Virginia.   There is a fair amount of support for the theory that the mind is not limited to the brain, and that it survives physical death.

I would also suggest going to YouTube and watching some of the Swedenborg videos.  They can be reassuring.  Here is one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gdngWOvKas

There is so much that we don't know.

(Feel free to send me a private note if you want more information.  I can direct you to some resources that you might find to be encouraging).   

• Members

I don't see why you can't provide a balance of resources on this site that we can research .  I'm not familiar with policies.  I'm not on on several sites nor am I on computer a lot.  I'm fine if this is not appropriate site but thought I'd ask. Many on this forum have asked about this and in the midst of deep grief its difficult to research and focus

• Moderators

Jeff, I don't see why you can't list links since people are interested.  If someone doesn't want to view it they don't have to.  It's not like you're pushing your beliefs, there is interest and people want to look it up.  I've appreciated the links you've posted before.  Yes, there's a lot we don't know, that's why our interest in exploring...

• Members
On 9/4/2018 at 4:32 PM, Sunflower2 said:

I don't see why you can't provide a balance of resources on this site that we can research .  I'm not familiar with policies.  I'm not on on several sites nor am I on computer a lot.  I'm fine if this is not appropriate site but thought I'd ask. Many on this forum have asked about this and in the midst of deep grief its difficult to research and focus

Hi Sunflower2,

My husband passed away over one year.  I went through a lot of spiritual books and mediumships.  Some of the message from mediums is so true.  I recommend the website https://macyafterlife.com/ that I am reading right now.  It talks about afterlife through ITC (Instrumental Transcommunication) without filtered through the mediums' minds.  I am trying to seek my husband still exist in another realm.  I miss him every moment.

• Members
18 minutes ago, LoveD said:

Hi Sunflower2,

My husband passed away over one year.  I went through a lot of spiritual books and mediumships.  Some of the message from mediums is so true.  I recommend the website https://macyafterlife.com/ that I am reading right now.  It talks about afterlife through ITC (Instrumental Transcommunication) without filtered through the mediums' minds.  I am trying to seek my husband still exist in another realm.  I miss him every moment.

thank you,.  will begin to check into these resources,  I did work with a medium and an energy blocking during the first 4 months.  The experiences were intense yet powerful.  I'm beginning to feel the pull to re-visit.

Archived