Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Help Me?

AnnaLisa36

• Members

I lost my dad on his birthday June 8, 2017, I feel a lot of anger toward my family and my dad's side. My mom like talk or pray to god, you think your dad would like in this way crying. Weeks ago, my brother and I got into the sorta physically he like everyone feels sorry for you I'm like yeah I guess. I took care, my dad, 16 years if not more, I'm the baby of the family. I've been going to a support group we meet once a week on Thursdays it's okay, I guess I use to drink a lot to cope with feelings. Just wish I had someone that would understand and care to know what I am feeling.

• Members

Hi Annalisa, did you say you took care of your dad for 16+ years? What I am finding is that the ones who are close to their parent are the ones who feel the greater pain. We are the ones who hurt the most because we were the ones that took care of them when they were sick and dying.

The others may not understand your pain because they didn't get as close to your dad as you did.

*** HUGS ****

• Members

Dear AnnaLisa36,

I am so sorry for the loss of your dad.  I think what Tessa said is true.  The closer you are to a parent, the more you were around them, knew them in a different way, the harder it is.  Its a greater loss.  I was extremely close to my mother.  My sister was not.  I know it has not affected her in the same way it has affected me.  I feel lost in the world without my mother and I am a grown up, an independent woman but I feel child like again now.  So I understand how you feel.  Its very hard.  I don't know how long it takes.  Comments like what you have had from your family aren't helpful.  They make it worse and make you feel more alone.  Its good you are going to a support group, keep going.  We are here and listening to your words.  We understand.

Archived