Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost My Mom To Cancer

tennman

• Members

Hi, 

This is my first post. I lost my best friend - my mom - to cancer this past August. She was 56. Watching my dad grieve is as difficult as grieving myself. I miss her terribly and feel so bad for her that she isn't here to be with her grandchildren who she loved so much and who loved her. It seems so unreal. I want to press a button and get it all back. It's like a panic attack. On top of that there's anger. Rage. It's not fair. She was the kindest person I've ever met or known. I'm here to see if talking about it helps and I don't know why otherwise. 

• Members

I'm really sorry to hear about your mom and for what you're going through.  I completely agree with you that it isn't fair.  I often tell myself, "it isn't fair, but it's life."  Talking about it does seem to help.  Nothing will ever fix it, there will always be a sadness and a void, but talking about it helps to process your feelings and bring understanding to what your mom went through, what you're going through, and guide you to adapt to this new life.  Hopefully in time you'll have more happy memories than sad. 

Have you had any progress since your mom passed?  Do you feel your dad has?  

• Members

tennman,

I understand completely how you feel. I lost my best friend, my Mother in October to cancer and she was also only 56. I feel lost without her. A piece of my heart died with her the day I watched her take her last breath. We are all struggling with the loss. I thought maybe joining a group to meet others who understand what this pain feels like will help. I also feel anger. I don't understand why she had to go or why did cancer have to take her away so soon. My Mom was an amazing person who touched so many lives. I miss her so much I wish I could have one more day with her. Hopefully meeting others will help with the grieving! 

• Members
Kimberly1003

My mom died a month and a half ago. She had stage IV colon cancer. She tried everything and kept up the chemo and stuff for a long time. She lived almost three years after the initial diagnosis. It all feels so raw. I'm so full of rage too. I find myself so crabby and irritated by every little thing that other people say and do. Even people I love irritate me. How do i quit getting so mad. These people did nothing to deserve my crabbiness. I don't feel like I have learned everything that she had to teach me. I am the oldest and so my dad and siblings need me to take care of some things. I can barely take care of myself....  I wish there was a definitive time frame so I could know how long I need to try to hang on.... I'm really tired of crying and being so sad. 

Archived