Online Grief Support, Help for Coping with Loss | Beyond Indigo Forums
  • Announcements

• ModKonnie

Advertisements   09/05/2017

Hi all,  I'm sure you've noticed some changes in the forums. We've again had to do some updates, so that's why things may look a little different. Nothing major should have changed.  Also, we are going to start adding advertisements sensitive to our community on the boards. This is something we are experimenting with, and we will certainly make sure they are in the best interests of everyone. We want to make sure our forums continue to stay accessible and cost free to all of our members, and this is a way to ensure this.  If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to privately message me or email me at Konnie@beyondindigo.com.  As always, we will be here with you, ModKonnie

omoir1   

I just lost my father this past Monday 4/17/2017 to a long 8 year battle of many different things. He had a liver transplant that went terribly wrong but he somehow survived that. And he was getting better. And then he succumbed to a infection in the gut. 

I don't know how to handle this. He was my best friend. I'm getting married in 8 months too and the thought of him not being there is unbearable. 

My mom and my sister and I are all very close. However his side of the family has started to kick us out. His own brother is choosing to go to Mexico instead of his funeral. I'm just so angry and sad. How do I handle this. Any advice? Please help. 

reader   

Dear omoir,

My deepest sympathies and condolences on the loss of your father. I'm so sorry for your loss. I know the pain and sorrow is unbearable.

Continue to lean on your mom and sister for support during this difficult time. Be kind and gentle with yourself. Its not easy but just try to take it moment by moment.

I find these other websites might be helpful in knowing you are not alone in your thoughts and feelings. What's Your Grief, The Grief Healing Blog, GriefShare.Org and The Grief Recovery Method.

Sending you all my thoughts and prayers.