Solomon'sGirl

Hi, I'm new

54 posts in this topic

Thank y'all for your responses. It's comforting to know that you get what I'm saying and feeling. Everyone here are the ones that truly understand how I'm feeling at any moment. My sadness for what I've lost can be overwhelming, however knowing that you all feel the same loss brings me some peace. My heart still hurts, yet my mind calms when I'm reminded that I'm not alone. I try so hard to understand death. I replay some of the last moments with him and just can't understand how someone so connected to me is now gone. I've been replaying those times and then picturing him lying there at the funeral home as if I'm trying to connect the dots. It sounds horrible. My mind is just trying so hard to understand in hopes that I won't hurt so badly anymore. I've accepted every other death I've ever known, but this with him has been incredibly difficult. He was such a huge part of my life, my other half. I guess that's what makes it so hard to grasp. How can a part of me be gone like that? Doesn't seem possible since I'm still here... 

Solomon'sGirl----We"ll  never understand the why's of it all. If someone had told me 25 years and 7 months ago, where I would be right now, I probably would not have believed them. When you meet your soulmate, are desperately in love with each other, make plans and life is good, how can it go wrong? Why were we given the gift of each other and then ripped apart? We had plans for retirement. For finally having more time to spend together. We got short changed. When I get to heaven, there had better be some believable answers.

SilimonsGirl,. I ask myself that same question. "How can a part  of me be gone like that?"  I truly felt that we were part of each other. Our souls or spirits were connected- something I had never experienced before. It took us both so long to finally find each other. We were both in our 50s. We had such a short time together but the connection was so intense, deep, and real. I feel that half of me went with him but also half of him stayed with me. That spiritual connection did not die when his physical body died. I'm even starting to believe and feel that the spiritual connection is getting stronger as time goes by. The pain, sadness and grief of missing him does not go away but there is a strange comfort in feeling that spiritual connection. 

On 3/23/2017 at 11:49 AM, HHFaith said:

I feel that half of me went with him but also half of him stayed with me. That spiritual connection did not die when his physical body died. I'm even starting to believe and feel that the spiritual connection is getting stronger as time goes by. The pain, sadness and grief of missing him does not go away but there is a strange comfort in feeling that spiritual connection. 

I have the same feelings. I talk to him. I share my days with him. Even when I'm trying to keep moving forward, I bring him with me. Yes, it's something that helps me get through the day, but it's also because I just feel so much of him with me.