Online Grief Support, Help for Coping with Loss | Beyond Indigo Forums
  • Announcements

• ModKonnie

Advertisements   09/05/2017

Hi all,  I'm sure you've noticed some changes in the forums. We've again had to do some updates, so that's why things may look a little different. Nothing major should have changed.  Also, we are going to start adding advertisements sensitive to our community on the boards. This is something we are experimenting with, and we will certainly make sure they are in the best interests of everyone. We want to make sure our forums continue to stay accessible and cost free to all of our members, and this is a way to ensure this.  If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to privately message me or email me at Konnie@beyondindigo.com.  As always, we will be here with you, ModKonnie
Sign in to follow this  
jay 123

my partner lost her husband to suicide and i want to be there for her

jay 123   

so basically my partner of 9 months lost her husband to suicide just over two years ago although i have suffered grief i can't begin to understand what she experienced and  I'm not trying to. I just want to be there for her and help her through her darkest times, i lost my mum three years ago and i found it so so hard and that is nothing compared to what she went through finding her husband hanging in the house were they lived together and she has ben so strong for so long its unreal and i don't want her to carry this trouble alone anymore. we go through so many ups and downs together i just wondered if anyone had been through something similar and had some advice to help.

thanks in advance 

jay

reader   

Dear Jay,

I'm so sorry to hear about the trauma your partner has gone through. It sounds like you have been very supportive and kind to her. Everyone grieves differently, but maybe gently suggest grief counseling or joining a support group. Or check if there are any other resources through work, school or church that might also support her. I know this is a difficult time. For myself, I have also discovered a book called The Grief Recovery Method. There lots of websites that also offer support like What's Your Grief and GriefShare.Org. I'm thinking of you and your partner.