Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Sleep problems

Niamh

• Members

So my dad died on Sunday and ever since I've been massively oversleeping. 

Most days I've had between 10 and 13 hours and I'm so sick of it. It drains me of any kind of motivation for the day and I know it's not healthy but I can't seem to stop. Has anyone else had this problem?

It's often related to depression but I don't feel depressed, just a little lost after loosing him.

I've come back to university who are very understanding but can't attend any of my lectures even though I want to.

I want to get on with life but this is really distressing me.

• Members

I am so very sorry about the loss of your father. Your body is probably dealing with the shock of it all by sleeping. When my father died, I couldn't manage to do anything. I felt drained and unable to move--and that's just not the kind of person I am. 

I would give it some time. Let yourself sleep for now and see what happens in a few more days. Your loss is very new. Give yourself time to adjust. 

We will be here with you,

ModKonnie

Archived