Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of my dad

Lynsey12

• Members

Hi Lynsey

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I am going through the same thing as a lost my mom just one month ago to brain cancer. The pain from losing a parent is just terrible. They say it gets easier as times goes on but so far it has been just awful as I miss mom terribly, knowing I can never have her back. All I can say is hang in there and you will find great people to support you right here.

• Members

I wish I could help. I lost my dad 6 weeks ago, he was my best friend. My mum and me don't get on she doesn't have time for me. The pain hurts so so much 

• Members

We just have to cope the best we can and allow ourselves to feel the pain. Over time, as they say, it will get easier for us to bear.

• Members

It hurts so much. I'm an only child, my mum doesn't contact me unless she wants something and doesn't answer if I contact her and I don't have many friends as I spent a lot of time with my dad. Urgh.

• Members

Hi Lynsey12.  I also lost my dad about 2 weeks ago on May 12th.  His death has left us heart-broken.  I'm also having difficulty dealing with the pain.  I can function well most of the time - in that sense I'm getting better - but at night, the pain hits full force and I feel down and lonely, even though my husband and 2 kids are with me.  I feel upset because I feel like my dad gave up and stopped fighting.  I love him dearly but I wish he would have kept fighting.  He was living with an aneurysm for years.  He left it untreated the past 2 years because of a botched surgery.  He finally got it surgically repaired in early May and we thought he was recovering well.  We were so happy that it had finally been repaired!  Within two days of moving to a rehab center, he passed away.  We were not expecting it and it has shaken us to our core.  The pain indeed is immense.  I look forward to better days because I don't like feeling so miserable to at the same time, I don't want to forget him.

Archived