Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Dealing with the loss of my dad

Darcey

• Members

Hello all, I am new to the forum. I lost my dad on April 16th of this year. I'm not coping with the loss of my dad at all. I feel sad, angry, lost, empty. My dad and me lived together for the last 4 years. He went into remission and in oct. of last it came back. I stopped working to take care of him. I miss him so much he was my best friend as well. I don't know how to live without him by side.

• Members

Hugs Darcey ... I am so sorry for your loss.  Glad you found your way to this site of tons of support and understanding.  

The things that you are feeling are so normal.  It is always too soon, even if we see it coming.  Just know that your dad would want the best for you.  It may be awhile until the tears stop and you feel any good feelings.  We kind of numb out for awhile and that is OK too.  A little something that helped me a lot when I lost my parents was to try to look at all of the good memories and then give thanks for having such wonderful parents.  I find that in being grateful comfort comes to me.

God bless you and give you comfort

Cindy Jane

• Members

Thank you cindy jane, I find myself drifting off at times going down memory lane. Sometimes I laugh , mostly cry. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your parents as well. My mom is still living, but has never had time for me. This kills me , I just wish she would hug me , tell me that she loves. But I guess she can't. She left me with my dad when I was 9, and I always just wanted her love. Thank you again for being there! 

God bless you 

• Members
Daniel Spratt
On 5/19/2016 at 11:22 PM, Darcey said:

Hello all, I am new to the forum. I lost my dad on April 16th of this year. I'm not coping with the loss of my dad at all. I feel sad, angry, lost, empty. My dad and me lived together for the last 4 years. He went into remission and in oct. of last it came back. I stopped working to take care of him. I miss him so much he was my best friend as well. I don't know how to live without him by side.

Darcey,I am sorry to hear this.The void in your life must be so painful.

• Members
Daniel Spratt

I am new,not sure if I'm doing this correctly.I lost both parents and my sister is dying or terminal not certain but prognosis is perhaps by summers end.I'm overwhelmed as to which forum I should be in.Daniel

Archived