Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I'm 17 and I lost my Dad

Shy

• Members

Hi, 

im 17 and just a month ago our full joined family was travelling to a town for my exam and we had an accident and we lost my dad .. 

Its been a month and I just can't believe I gotta live my entire college and life without my dad..

i saw my dad die infront of my eyes and I couldn't do anything .. I felt so helpless .. It's the worst thing a daughter could ever see and feel.. 

I was in depression for the last 2 years but my dad was the only one who supported me throughout my struggle .. He wasn't any ordinary person .. He was the best dad on earth for me .. He loved me the most .. He would do anything for me .. I just had to say it and he would do whatever .. 

i still feel like this is a dream .. I wake up every morning hoping it was just a dream and search for him on his bed and it breaks my heart to realise every morning that I won't ever everr be able to see meet or talk to my dadda.. I miss him so much .. :'( 

• Members

HUGS Shy ... I am so sorry for your loss.  What happened is so tragic, my heart goes out to you.  I hope that you can find comfort in knowing that your dad will always be with you in your heart.  Your dad's time here was way too short but it is comforting to know that he is in a much better place than you and I.  A place where there is no suffering, no pain, no sorrow.  It is my belief that one day when it is our turn to go "home" that we will be reunited with our loved ones so until then I try to be the best person that I can be and be the kind of person that my parents were.  

Take care

Cindy Jane

• Members
17 hours ago, cindyjane said:

HUGS Shy ... I am so sorry for your loss.  What happened is so tragic, my heart goes out to you.  I hope that you can find comfort in knowing that your dad will always be with you in your heart.  Your dad's time here was way too short but it is comforting to know that he is in a much better place than you and I.  A place where there is no suffering, no pain, no sorrow.  It is my belief that one day when it is our turn to go "home" that we will be reunited with our loved ones so until then I try to be the best person that I can be and be the kind of person that my parents were.  

Take care

Cindy Jane

Thanks a lot Cindy Jane .. Your reply really helped a lot .. I really hope what you said comes true .. Thanks a lot again .. I hope the BEST for you .. :)

• Members

Hello again Shy .... I am not a religious freak but I have been reading the Bible for several years now and I believe every single word in that book.  It clearly tells us about how much God loves us and about Heaven.  Below is a scripture from this special book that has gotten me through losing my parents.  I hope that it brings you comfort.

Your dad sounds like such a wonderful man and you are sure going to miss him.  When the going gets tough on those really hard days that you are missing him, try to think about what he would want for you.  As hard as it is, we are honouring our parent in trying to live our lives the best that we can.  Please stay connected to this site because the good people here can truly related to all of the feelings you are going through and they sincerely care.

HUGS

Cindy Jane

And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”

• Members
On 20 May 2016 at 7:43 PM, cindyjane said:

Hello again Shy .... I am not a religious freak but I have been reading the Bible for several years now and I believe every single word in that book.  It clearly tells us about how much God loves us and about Heaven.  Below is a scripture from this special book that has gotten me through losing my parents.  I hope that it brings you comfort.

Your dad sounds like such a wonderful man and you are sure going to miss him.  When the going gets tough on those really hard days that you are missing him, try to think about what he would want for you.  As hard as it is, we are honouring our parent in trying to live our lives the best that we can.  Please stay connected to this site because the good people here can truly related to all of the feelings you are going through and they sincerely care.

HUGS

Cindy Jane

And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”

Thanks a lot again cindy.. Your replies really give me that boost of courage and hope.. Thanks a lot I really hope everything goes on well with all of us..

• Members
Lottie_Lulu

There will be a point where you really can carry them around with you and you'll get some peace with that. It may take many years. My grandmother (who died when I was a little girl and she absolutely adored me as I was her first grand daughter so it felt so unfair on her) now sits with me when I have hard things to do. She's also joined by her two best friends who became my faux aunties who also died. I do a lot of ballet - I'm 41 and too fat and too uncoordinated to dance but I do it because I really enjoy it - and they sit in the room with me. And when they're there I dance so much better. They can shout encouragement and say whatever I want them to say to me. What you went through is terribly hard and to say anything less would be patronising. But these things shape us, and will make you into a more thoughtful, genuine person who has true empathy with other people. Despite all the hardship I went through I discovered that's meant I truly understand other people (I am a writer and I teach students who suffer from low self-esteem and are failing at school) and I've made a career out of it. x

Archived