Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I LOST MY DAD ON MAY5

NYDOC

• Members

I lost my dad on May 5.

I can't believe he is gone. We buried him on May 7. I am so sad. I would go see him everyday after work. I would always call him every night to say good night.

I can't sleep.

• Members

I know how you feel. I just lost my mom 3 weeks ago to brain cancer and really feel the loss.

• Members

I still think he is still alive and he is still in the hospital.  I cried so much the first week and now i can't even cry anymore.

• Members

Yea I know it hurts so much losing a parent. My mom died of brain cancer at 89. Was your dad sick?

• Members

This weekend was so hard. How do people handle this. Everyday is so hard. I still see his face everyday. 

• Members

I also loss my father on May 5th, he was my world and I am also struggling. I am getting married on 29th December this year and I am struggling with how I am going to get through the day.

• Members

It's horrible Nadine, What i did this weekend was carry a index card of all the things he couldn't do that last few weeks ..to remind me that he was suffering and now he is better place

• Members

I feel for you as i lost my mum in April. The hardest thing was at the end of her left the hospital put her on end of life pallaitive care which to me was cruel. She was not given water and was morphined up to the hilt. She was expected to last a couple of days. She lasted 2 weeks which was heart wrenching. It makes me wonder whether she should have been receiving this end of life care as she may have lived longer. I cannot get my head around it and constantly cry at everything. I lost my mother in law last september also and my beloved pet cat Molly. It is all too much to bear

• Members

I am doing the same thing. Always question everything. The moment I start thinking about him and that he is not here anymore...my heart starts to ache and I start crying

Archived