Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Wife wants divorce

Michael1220

• Members
Michael1220

My mom passed away last Aug 2016. I spent the last few weeks of her life at her bed side praying and holding her hand. She was in a coma so my cries were in vain. I was there with her when she took her last breath. She was a good momma and my heart was broken. My brother preceded her 18 yrs before and she had never gotten over it. So a month with no sleep and not alot if food and even tho we lived in the same town I didn't go home very much. I suffered from a horrible grief that affected me in a way that was very noticeble. My way and kids resented me and began to tell me to get over it and move on. I hid away and grieved by myself. My wife then told me I had abandoned my family to be with mom that month. Told me o had neglected them. The guilt was immense. So 9 months after mom she wants a divorce. She never worked I had supported us. She wants me to move out but pay her bills and she has got my teenage daughters agreeing with her. I can't comprehend how this is logical to them. But maybe it is and I'm crazy. I am getting back to myself but still have very hard days. I have done it on my own with plenty of criticism. I tried to tell myself they don't understand so they don't mean to leave me when I need them the most. I have even took out my pistol and thought what if. But I'm just tired of the hurt. What should I do?

• Members

Michael1220,

I am so sorry about the loss of your mother and the difficulty with your wife. I suggest you seek counseling for yourself to help you sort through all of this. I don't know what to say about your wife. It doesn't sound like she is a very nice or supportive person. I'm sure your children love you but are confused. Have you tried to express to them what you are going through? Do you talk about this at all with anyone? Sometimes, people do hateful things because they are hurt and confused. 

We will be with you,

ModKonnie

• Members
MayLoseWife

I'm sorry for the loss of your mother. Your wife's stance isn't ideal (to say the least) and I can't imagine how you crazy you must feel inside. But I can understand the guilt and grief you feel. I hope you are able to see that you are a valuable person and that even if your girls turn their backs on you, you're still important. My blessings and good love your way. 

-In the trenches with ya. 

Archived