Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Offering encouragement

cindyjane

• Members
cindyjane

Hello EVERYONE

I lost my dear mom on Oct. 6th 2013.  Eleven months later on Sept. 17th 2014 I lost my dad.  This was the most difficult year of my life.  I was still grieving the loss of my mom when my dad left us.  

I was left feeling so empty and numb in losing them and couldn't imagine carrying on in this life.  Although I believed in GOD back then it was the months following my dad's passing that I made a real connection with our Heavenly Father.  It was because during this very difficult time that I reached out to Him and asked for the strength to carry on because I just didn't want to be here any more.  I asked Him for comfort and I got it.  I still had shed many tears of sadness but when I asked for comfort the emptiness was filled with wonderful memories and I found myself feeling grateful for each and every memory I had with my parents.

As the months went by I continued to pray and ask Him to get me through the waves of sadness, and HE did.  I guess what I am saying is that family and friends helped a lot but the "real" help came when I connected with God.  HE really does love us and wants to be there for us through all of our life trials and tribulations ... all we have to do is ask.  I urge anyone going through the loss of a loved one to PLEASE reach out to HIM....HE WILL GET YOU THROUGH THIS.

As the months and now years pass by, the thing that I try to do is honour my parents in being the best person that I can be.  They were both loving, caring, kind, fun, people who enjoyed life to the max.  I would like to be half the people that they were and work on that each and every day.

The truth is, because of the great love that we have for our parents, when one or both of them is taken "home" we are going to be filled with sadness in missing them.  The important thing is to know that they really are some place better than we are and if we can live a good life we WILL be reunited with them when it is our turn to go "home."  Stay strong, BELIEVE what GOD tells us in the Bible.  If you aren't familiar with that special book, I would encourage you pick it up and read it because that is where the real comfort comes from.

take care everyone and GOD bless you with comfort during this difficult time.

Cindy Jane

Archived