Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Medical Examiner's findings

mayo129

• Members

We heard from the medical examiner the other day. She said the cause of death was due to a swollen trachea. Cassidy was in the hospital 3 weeks before she passed away and one of the PICU's findings was she had a swollen trachea. They never told us it was life threateing. The hospital sent her home. The doctor's should never had released her. It hurts so bad knowing that they could have saved her if they just did their job and got to the root of the problem. We feel that all of the doctor's that had ever seen her in her short life dropped the ball and never tried to heal her. I have not stopped crying since Friday when we learned how she died. I feel it must have been such a terrible death and this little Princess did not deserve to go like that. Cassidy and my daughter lived with us so we feel and treated her like she was one of our own.

• Members

Its hard enough losing your child, but to then have it explained that their death was preventable and down to the medical profession dropping the ball.....

My thoughts with you.  No words will ease the ache of losing your beloved Cassidy, but you are not alone.   Many here share your pain and are here if you need. 

Pls share your beautiful baby when you can...

Trudi

Archived