Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Just Joined

bcamuk

• Members

I just found this site and decided to join. We lost our 17 yo son, Innes, on 6th Feb and it is so painful it is beyond words. We miss him so much. Everything I do I can relate it to him and so I never stop thinking about him and I don't want to stop thinking about him, but it hurts so much. He had undergone a heart trasnplant when he was 2 but had kept really well for years. He took ill that Friday morning and had gone by 4.30 in the afternoon.  I remember every detail of that day. I go into his room and can smell him liek he is still with us. I don't ever wont to change that room. But I just sit in it and cry til it hurts.

I can visit his grave now and go quite often but it is sooo sad I don't get any comfort from it, just agonising sorrow. 

My wife and I try so ahrd to keep things going  for our other son who is 20 but he is away at University.  I have read some of the posts on here and have at least found similar feelign which has made me feel that at least I'm not the only one who feels this way.

• Members

Bcamuk, please come to Loss of an Adult Child, we have several parents of teens there and many new to this loss as you are. We are a large and ever-posting group who really get it. Where you are right now, we have been, we know that anguish. So if you are able, join us there, just hit loss of adult child and introduce yourself to everyone there.

Blessings,

Dee

• Members

Bruce,

I'm so sorry to hear about Innes.   You and I share a few things, first of all we lost Alex suddenly to a illness, he was also 17, and you and I are fathers.   Welcome to the website but sorry for your reason to be here.   There are many great people here and everyone is willing to listen and share.

Jeff

• Members
dannysmomma

I am sorry for the loss of your Innes:(.I lost my Danny suddenly due to  Type 1 diabetes on March 28th,we didn't even know he was becoming diabetic.He was almost 20 and passed away in his sleep.Danny had Down Syndrome and the onset was just too much for him.I sadly welcome you here to BI and hope you find some comfort here.{{{HUGS}}Lyn

Archived